Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Sci-Fi TV series in Turkish, produced in Turkey

Kdhy11
Canada

Sci-Fi TV series in Turkish, produced in Turkey

Post by Kdhy11 »

Greetings all!

I am a longtime science fiction fan, and came across two series produced in Turkey, with soundtracks in Turkish, that may be of interest.

1) Yakamoz S-245, Season 1 / 2022 (IMDb rating 6.1/10) Season 1 = 7 episodes
Hard sci-fi, post-apocalyptic.
Netflix and other international streaming platforms.
Mixed reviews at Internet Movie Database (IMDb), but I liked it. A massive solar mass ejection has devastated earth while the lead characters are on a deep dive in a research submarine. How they adapt to what they find at the end of their 15-hour research trip leads into a tangled web where nothing is exactly what it seems. While Yakamoz is critiqued for being a "reworking" of the classic Into the Night, I found the "reworking" refreshing, as it updates the scenario to our modern world -- and the main cast are (gasp!) NOT AMERICAN!!!!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13317454/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

2. The Gift [Atiye], Seasons 1 - 3 /2019 (IMDb rating 7/10)
Surreal / psychological sci-fi
Netflix and other international streaming platforms
Atiye, an artist with a rising career in Istanbul, is about to be married. As she unearths universal secrets about an Anatolian archaeological site and its link to her past, her personal search begins to conflict with her present roles. This type of sci-fi is not my cup of tea, but it is extremely well produced, solid acting and an intriguing story line. It is refreshing to see the modern, positive take on strong female roles in Turkish life.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10075318/? ... _sr_srsg_0

PS: I'm not studying Turkish, just a sci-fi buff, so I hope someone checks these out. Enjoy.

Return to “Turkish”