Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

New members

Corinnebelle

New members

Post by Corinnebelle »

Here's something I'm wondering. I notice this site is growing at about ten people a day. But most of those new people aren't posting.

Are they silent readers that have signed in but have yet to talk?

Does the fact that Duome signs you out pretty fast after you sign in unless you hit remember me discourage them from posting?

Do they find it hard to find their way around this site?

Are there not enough posts for them to find one that appeals to them, but they think this site is a great idea?

Are they looking for certain features of this site that one can't use until they have shown how they behave in main forum first?

I want to welcome all new users to this site, those who lurk in the forums and those who post on the forums! It's great we have guests here too that can read the forum before joining!

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Deleted User 2316

Re: New members

Post by Deleted User 2316 »

i can get a arond pretty well i am new but if you think it's that hard to log in why make a account you have to delete ?? i don' t know and i don't get it

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

peanutbuster2018 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:16 pm

i can get a arond pretty well i am new but if you think it's that hard to log in why make a account you have to delete ?? i don' t know and i don't get it

Good to hear! I'm just curious what's going on, or what's missing from this site as to the reason why....

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Drymice

Post by Drymice »

Corinnebelle wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:49 pm

Here's something I'm wondering. I notice this site is growing at about ten people a day. But most of those new people aren't posting.

Are they silent readers that have signed in but have yet to talk?

Does the fact that Duome signs you out pretty fast after you sign in unless you hit remember me discourage them from posting?

Do they find it hard to find their way around this site?

Are there not enough posts for them to find one that appeals to them, but they think this site is a great idea?

Are they looking for certain features of this site that one can't use until they have shown how they behave in main forum first?

I want to welcome all new users to this site, those who lurk in the forums and those who post on the forums! It's great we have guests here too that can read the forum before joining!

Also why do so many of the new users either never post or just delete account?

I'm as dry as a mouse and don’t use this anymore.

Deleted User 2343

Post by Deleted User 2343 »

I think it's pretty easy to use, but i've seen friends using it and used to have a different account (i forgot the password)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Theultimatetintinfan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:42 pm

I think it's pretty easy to use, but i've seen friends using it and used to have a different account (i forgot the password)

I think you should be able to reset the password on your other account, if you can access your email it is linked to. I do know some people have had problems signing in here.

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

[mention]Corinnebelle[/mention] When I first started, I wasn't able to participate in the forums. AND, I also got signed out when I went to log in my second day. It's almost every day I see people with like, "Deleted User45678," or something similar to that. Idk why they delete their acc's. Perhaps their acc's were banned? Idk.. :p

👤♠ ㄥєт 𝓪𝕝Ⓛ ʸᗝᑌ 𝒹ᗝ в𝕖 𝐝Øⓝᗴ ⒾⓃ ⓒό𝓝ᖴι𝔡ⓔ𝓝𝐜𝓔 🎈🍫

Native: 🇺🇸 Learning: 🇯🇵 🇪🇸

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

zerogrqvity wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:29 pm

@Corinnebelle When I first started, I wasn't able to participate in the forums. AND, I also got signed out when I went to log in my second day. It's almost every day I see people with like, "Deleted User45678," or something similar to that. Idk why they delete their acc's. Perhaps their acc's were banned? Idk.. :p

Ok. In the beginning your posts have to vetted by a moderator. A couple of people have left, not that many that I am aware of.

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

Corinnebelle wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:31 pm
zerogrqvity wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:29 pm

@Corinnebelle When I first started, I wasn't able to participate in the forums. AND, I also got signed out when I went to log in my second day. It's almost every day I see people with like, "Deleted User45678," or something similar to that. Idk why they delete their acc's. Perhaps their acc's were banned? Idk.. :p

Ok. In the beginning your posts have to vetted by a moderator. A couple of people have left, not that many that I am aware of.

When you hit 10 posts, you don't have to have then approved anymore. I, personally, have no idea how many people left either, but on every post there is atleast 1 deleted user.

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

There's 2 on this post.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

zerogrqvity wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:34 pm

There's 2 on this post.

Yes, there is. Some people visit for a bit and disappear. Do you see that in the language forums also or just in the English parts?

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

[mention]Corinnebelle[/mention] Both.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

At least the EN-FR forum seems to me like a huge collection of information.
Actually, you don't have to post anything if you have a question. You can read through the collection and find the answer you were looking for.

I plan (and started yesterday) to bring articles from EN-FR that are relatively far back to the front page through my replies if I think they deserve more attention.

... and with other languages, there often seem to be few people here, so discussions can hardly arise

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]MoniqueMaRie[/mention] That is an interesting perspective. It is nice to know that most of the information from Duolingo was saved and is now accessible to search in the forum. It sounds like Duome is filling a niche this way. Obviously we don't have the same question asked over and over again. We don't have a lot of new posts, we just recycle old posts.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

It is exactly what duome promises: you come here " to rediscover what was lost with Duolingo forums closing and more.."

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Return to “Random Thoughts”