Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Where are the Esperantists getting together?

salivanto
United States of America

Where are the Esperantists getting together?

Post by salivanto »

I am grateful to Duome for setting up this forum, but I'll admit that I wasn't very hopeful that there would be a lot of traffic here. The old Duolingo forum had the advantage of being right there where people were working. So I'm wondering if anybody can tell me: Where are the former participants of the Duolingo Esperanto forum hanging out these days?
Based on the post dates and view counts it's not here!
I've poked around Reddit a bit and had a few interesting exchanges. Even with the forums locked, I managed to rouse some moderator action on Duolingo recently. That's another story -- which I told on Twitter.

Myself, I've been focusing on my mailing list: esperanto.ck.page -- yes, that's a real address. The various platforms don't always turn it into a link automatically. I've been sending out short texts in Esperanto and answers to questions that I get back -- I do this about once per week and I already have read counts higher than here on Duome. (Thanks everybody who subscribed - and who wrote in or asked questions.)

It would be nice to see some of you there.

Tomaso ALEXANDER
Professional certified Esperanto teacher
EsperantoBlog.com / esperanto.ck.page

jzsuzsi

Re: Where are the Esperantists getting together?

Post by jzsuzsi »

Hello Salivanto!

You are right, this place is not very active.
I think they are hanging out in the Facebook group.

I saw your comment on my Magyarbagoly blog, thank you:)
I also looked at your blog.

Ady
Canada

Post by Ady »

Until now I was just crying over the fact that I missed out on the DuoLingo forums, which were frozen in time just about a month before I started Duo-ing.

By the way, I read somewhere that you can swap in some part of the DuoMe URL into a link to a DuoLingo forum (and continue any conversation?), but I don't know exactly how.

Ne estas facila esti verda. :mrgreen: :star:

Ady
Canada

Post by Ady »

Update: I started a new thread on the above since it's kind of an offshoot to the topic here.
viewtopic.php?t=7519-so-how-do-you-get- ... -sentences

Ne estas facila esti verda. :mrgreen: :star:

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

I think this is the I speak Esperanto forum here

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “Esperanto”