Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Where's the Dictionary?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

ShellBell
United States of America

Where's the Dictionary?

Post by ShellBell »

What happened with the Duo online dictionaries? Where'd they go??!!
The last time I accessed a Duo dictionary (Cz or Span) was May 18th. Now, nic...nada...nothing. Links just redirect to the lessons page.
I often use the online dictionaries to check spelling and accent/diacritical marks, etc while learning.
Nejsem šťastný. :?

Deleted User 114

Re: Where's the Dictionary?

Post by Deleted User 114 »

I typed in the Duolingo Arabic dictionary, looks like it is also gone for me.

I then looked up about 15 other Duolingo dictionaries, they are led me to the Duolingo homepage.

Possibly, Duolingo removed the dictionaries? Looks like it to me.

Daniel589120

Post by Daniel589120 »

The French dictionary is gone for me too, I expect the Words feature to disappear next since it has not really worked correctly for a long time and interacted with the dictionary!

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hi, I tried to check in several languages but unfortunately these dictionaries are no longer available. :(

There are only Schools and Words, and in some languages also: Classes.

It's a pity because they were very practical! :)

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

I just looked for the Hebrew dictionary! Gone! :?

I guess now we use Glosbe!

The dictionary was a link to sentence discussions. I hope they aren't removing sentence discussions too! They barely work as it is.

I suppose we could look at the word lists [mention]dakanga[/mention] made for each language to see what words we know and search them with the search bar at the top of a topic. It's not the same, but that's the only way to see what words we know. Of course that doesn't have all the forms of words.

[Edit: I just tried Glosbe with a word from the schools word list and couldn't find it. Had to use Pealim for it.]

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

It is always an option to create a schools account in order to view the word lists. The downside with a school account is it won't let you see updated trees until they are out of beta.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

buho

Post by buho »

if you're learning spanish, then you can use spanishdict as an alternative. it also has apps that work offline.

ShellBell
United States of America

Post by ShellBell »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm coming to terms with the loss. 😉
My back-up has been DeepL translator which seems to work okay.

Return to “Duolingo”