Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duolingo Questions

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Drymice

Duolingo Questions

Post by Drymice »

I have a few questions about Duolingo:

• Why are there Lingots and Gems (instead of having only one currency)?

• Why does the app have things such as hearts and more streak freezes?

• Why does the app tell you who's online, but the web doesn't?

I'm as dry as a mouse.

Corinnebelle

Re: Duolingo Questions

Post by Corinnebelle »

That my friend are questions I think Duolingo alone would know how to answer. I understand the website and app are two different entities with other differences as well, like for example tips and sentence discussions.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Jacko079
United States of America

Post by Jacko079 »

I think the biggest thing to remember, is that the app and web are two different platforms. They were each developed differently, and possibly were intended to bring in two different audiences, possibly. Many people hate the hearts system, and others like it, both the app and the web have their pros and cons. :)

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

back4morelater
Great Britain

Post by back4morelater »

There are also differences between the apps for Android and iOS, though they are more similar to each other than the web version. iOS was the original app with the Android one coming later. The iOS one often used for testing new ideas, some of these make it to the other platforms and some of them don't

They were developed by three different teams because they all require very different skills for the development and testing of the software

Return to “Duolingo”