Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Gaeilge?

CaitNicRun
United States of America

Gaeilge?

Post by CaitNicRun »

We're a tiny group, but if you build it....

Image L5

Ardwinna
United States of America

Re: Gaeilge?

Post by Ardwinna »

Dia duit!

Glad to see someone on the forum advocating for more Irish posts and resources on this forum. I just started learning in January and loving it! I'm just a bit piffted that the audio in Words for the Irish on this site don't work. I posted about that...hope they fix it.

Ard

duome

Post by duome »

I once went to Prague and had a "free tour" with a guide who (surprisingly) happened to be an Irish person, and I must say he was absolutely astonishing, while I happened to be the only person in a group of around 50 travalers who could actually speak a few words in Irish thanks to Duolingo. One of those moments when I was so delighted that I could please someone with simply saying just a few words in someone's language. And he said something like "believe me, if you travel to Ireland and say what you just said, it would be enough for every door to be open for you" =)

One of the greatest pleasures of learning a language is being able to please someone and show/express respect to them by speaking their language.

ddmckenna
United States of America

Post by ddmckenna »

Glad to see a Gaeilge group here. I’m panicking that we are losing the Duolingo forums and all the valuable information that was compiled there. I worry this is not going to be as easy for new users to find. We will have to figure out how to get the word out.

CaitNicRun
United States of America

Post by CaitNicRun »

ddmckenna wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:18 pm

Glad to see a Gaeilge group here. I’m panicking that we are losing the Duolingo forums and all the valuable information that was compiled there. I worry this is not going to be as easy for new users to find. We will have to figure out how to get the word out.

Failte, a chara! You're right but i think we've done all we can. People should feel free to jump in and submit threads. I can put them in the right places if there's any mistake. We are down to the wire and unfortunately I had a commitment over the weekend that kept me away. It's still not clear whether it's Mar 22 at 12 midnight or Mar 23 at 12 midnight. We will do the best we can.

Connaigh oraibh!

Image L5

Return to “Labhraím Gaeilge”