Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Getting logged out quickly

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Getting logged out quickly

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

Even when i click remember me this time i get logged out quickly lately. Seems to have started to happen since the big post about validating accounts hit the homepage.

Just wrote a long post in my “if the voices annoy you” thread but when I attempted to send it, it informed me I was logged out, and my five long paragraphs were lost. lol.

🇺🇦

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Re: Getting logged out quickly

(Btw, when this happened, I fully realized it was as much my own fault as anyone’s for not saving a copy of my own work. Furthermore, I wasn’t disappointed because I realized it would give me a chance to think more carefully about something I was typing.)

🇺🇦

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

frustrating

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

i would have to say that is frustrating but i have never had a issue like that so sorry hope u figure it out

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

for everyone also go to the FAQ and read here app.php/help/faq and anther issues go here also

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Thanks Brian but I’d like to re-note that this has been happening to me even after checking the “remember me this time” box or so I think anyway. But thanks! Screenshot from the faq:

50668B8D-D222-43CA-A976-353E3832E68B.jpeg
50668B8D-D222-43CA-A976-353E3832E68B.jpeg (96.25 KiB) Viewed 1176 times

🇺🇦

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

OH OKAY SORRY THEN I WAS ALSO PUTTING THAT OUT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT READ AND ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE JUST TO INFORM EVERY ONE

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

BUT OKAY I TRIED TO BE HELP FUL

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

BrianEngst1 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:36 pm

BUT OKAY I TRIED TO BE HELP FUL

Brian it is possible the faq told me what i needed to know and i didn’t check it before i logged in that time. So thanks again. I just have the feeling I’ve been getting logged out mid-session regardless. Anyone else think they may be experiencing this?

🇺🇦

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

There is a user, I've heard off having a lot of issues with that problem.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

duome

Post by duome »

I suggest testing it in different browsers in order to try and track the problem down. This is solely for testing of course. Keeping a separate browser for this forum only is not a solution.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

for me it's the opposite I've had this problem on some other forums but here I've stayed logged in all the time :)

roy

Post by roy »

panyamnyenyekevu wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:10 pm

Brian it is possible the faq told me what i needed to know and i didn’t check it before i logged in that time. So thanks again. I just have the feeling I’ve been getting logged out mid-session regardless. Anyone else think they may be experiencing this?

I believe I also experience this. I click the 'remember me' option but regardless I get logged out quickly. It mainly varies, sometimes it takes a few hours for me to get logged out or a few minutes. It's starting to become annoying :cry:

Native: 🇺🇸, Conversational: 🇨🇳, Learning: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🇬🇷 🇪🇸

duome

Post by duome »

On more thing: see if your IP address is different between the sessions. If it's different - it can be a reason and it can be tweaked in the forum settings.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

I understand someone is having problems with it via the phone.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Deleted User 1929

Post by Deleted User 1929 »

I’m having a similar problem but only when I open the forum from my phone. Every time I open it I found out that I was logged out but since I saved the information on my phone I just need to use the “Touch ID for password” so I can login again.

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

lama.03 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:14 am

I’m having a similar problem but only when I open the forum from my phone.

Now we’re talking! I use the chrome browser on my iphone and only use my phone. 😉 if that helps!!

🇺🇦

Deleted User 1929

panyamnyenyekevu wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:06 pm

Now we’re talking! I use the chrome browser on my iphone and only use my phone. 😉 if that helps!!

I guess iphone is having some problems recently. 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Just curious, has that problem been fixed for you ?

Last edited by Meli578588 on Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Meli578588 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:19 pm

Just curious, has that problem been fixed for you ?

I also agree that there are extremely good people available to help with these things.

TYSM for asking meli! Well, I don’t think i’ve noticed any issues since I brought it up here…!

🇺🇦

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

LICA98 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:08 pm

for me it's the opposite I've had this problem on some other forums but here I've stayed logged in all the time :)

well it happened to me today for the first time :twisted:

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

do you have a Samsung u can use???

Deleted User 1929

Upbeat 88 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:25 pm

do you have a Samsung u can use???

Yes Brian, I use my laptop as well.

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

[mention]panyamnyenyekevu[/mention] When I first started duome; a couple months ago, it logged me out the next day. And I couldn't log back in. I still don't understand why they do that, but to this day, I'm very happy that I was able t log back in. [mention]duome[/mention] [mention]Duome Team[/mention] Why does it log you out when you first start/sign up for duome? Is this an automatic thing, a bug, or just idk?

👤♠ ㄥєт 𝓪𝕝Ⓛ ʸᗝᑌ 𝒹ᗝ в𝕖 𝐝Øⓝᗴ ⒾⓃ ⓒό𝓝ᖴι𝔡ⓔ𝓝𝐜𝓔 🎈🍫

Native: 🇺🇸 Learning: 🇯🇵 🇪🇸

Jacko079
United States of America

Post by Jacko079 »

zerogrqvity wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:28 pm

[mention]panyamnyenyekevu[/mention] When I first started duome; a couple months ago, it logged me out the next day. And I couldn't log back in. I still don't understand why they do that, but to this day, I'm very happy that I was able t log back in. [mention]duome[/mention] [mention]Duome Team[/mention] Why does it log you out when you first start/sign up for duome? Is this an automatic thing, a bug, or just idk?

Right below where you sign in/sign up, there is a little “remember me” button you can click, you might have forgotten to click that. Or it could have just been a glitch.

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

[mention]Jacko079[/mention] That's what I did when I remembered my pasword

👤♠ ㄥєт 𝓪𝕝Ⓛ ʸᗝᑌ 𝒹ᗝ в𝕖 𝐝Øⓝᗴ ⒾⓃ ⓒό𝓝ᖴι𝔡ⓔ𝓝𝐜𝓔 🎈🍫

Native: 🇺🇸 Learning: 🇯🇵 🇪🇸

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

LICA98 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:40 pm
LICA98 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:08 pm

well it happened to me today for the first time :twisted:

and today again 🤬

duome

Post by duome »

There is a "security setting" that checks for IP address segments, it can be relaxed to check less segments or it can be disabled at all. That's what I'm doing now. See if it helps, please.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

happened again today 😕

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”