Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[ARCHIVE] Turkish Proverbs

Deleted User 114

[ARCHIVE] Turkish Proverbs

Post by Deleted User 114 »

This was originally posted by SeleneAya

https://archive.ph/RuHoP

Hi! I can help you with your Turkish. Learn some free proverbs just on this forum. No lingots required! I have written the translation in the ( )

1) Aç ayı oynamaz (hungry bears don't play) This is basically saying that when you are hungry, nothing will go in your brain. When you are hungry, you cannot pay attention to what you are doing

2) Adam iş başında belli olur (You can tell when a person is at work) If your friend says, "I'm so good at basketball." you can't know if she/he is telling the truth. You have to see her/him play basketball first.

3) Öfke ile kalkan zararla oturur (He who gets up in anger, sits down in pain) When a person is mad, you won't think about what you are doing. So you will end up doing the wrong things.

4) Bir elin nesi var, iki elin sesi var (Two hands are better than one) Somethings, you won't be able to do by yourself. So you can use the teamwork strategy to accomplish it faster.
Thank you for reading. I will do more and more as this gets popular. Again, Thanks (Teşekkür Ederim)

Return to “Turkish”