Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Sentence discussions

David680268
Germany

Sentence discussions

Post by David680268 »

Hi all,

the sentence discussions on Duolingo are still locked, and one can only wonder if they will ever be opened again. So I will just post my questions here and hope that others might join in. This forum definitely deserves more traffic.

Duo wants me to translate "I am always home with you". I use the keyboard instead of the word bank to get better learning results, and so I typed:

"Ben senin ile hep evdeyim."

The correct answer that Duo expects would have been:

"Ben seninle hep evdeyim."

Is my answer incorrect, or is it just not recognized by Duo?

Thank you all.

Danika_Dakika
United States of America

Re: Sentence discussions

Post by Danika_Dakika »

Your answer is fine. You can always use the postposition "ile" instead of the instrumental case (although the instrumental case is much more common). If "senin ile" was not accepted, you should report it.

I've expanded my learning on this -- it should be "seninle" not "senin ile" viewtopic.php?p=19691-escaping-in-turkish#p19691

[Have you been following the conversation around creating Duome sentence discussions? The extension is pretty easy to install, and has been working for me so far! viewtopic.php?t=3670-how-to-use-sentence-discussions]

-Danika_Dakika

Last edited by Danika_Dakika on Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duolingo Mod, TR Image <> EN Image

David680268
Germany

Post by David680268 »

Danika_Dakika wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:44 am

Your answer is fine. You can always use the postposition "ile" instead of the instrumental case (although the instrumental case is much more common). If "senin ile" was not accepted, you should report it.

[Have you been following the conversation around creating Duome sentence discussions? The extension is pretty easy to install, and has been working for me so far! viewtopic.php?t=3670-how-to-use-sentence-discussions]

-Danika_Dakika

Hey, thank you for your help! I haven't installed the extension yet, but I will have a look at it. Sentence discussions are greatly missed.

MarjanZahedi

Post by MarjanZahedi »

I’m happy to see other Turkish learners here. Hoş geldiniz David680268!

🇮🇷 🇺🇸 🇹🇷

David680268
Germany

Post by David680268 »

MarjanZahedi wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:01 am

I’m happy to see other Turkish learners here. Hoş geldiniz David680268!

Hoş bulduk. I got into learning Turkish by chance. It is an absolutely wonderful language and there is a unique fascination to it. I am going to Istanbul in July, although only for a few days, so it is time to brush up my vocabulary and grammar skill a bit.

Last edited by David680268 on Thu May 12, 2022 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

nice good thiinkig

David680268
Germany

Post by David680268 »

Danika_Dakika wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:44 am

Thank you again for the suggestion. I have installed the extension and it seems to work fine.

Return to “Turkish”