Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

How to use the Sentence Discussions Forum

Moderator: Explorer

Explorer
Portugal

How to use the Sentence Discussions Forum

Post by Explorer »

To create a topic here you need to use the Duome browser extension, currently in open beta, along with the desktop version of Duolingo.

Instructions:

luo-ning wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:03 pm

How to install:

1. Install Tampermonkey
  2. Restart your browser
  3. Go to ext/luoning/sentencediscussions/styles/ ... pt.user.js and install the userscript
  4. You should now see a "DUOME" button next to most Duolingo challenges after you solve them, like this:
    ![duome_btn.PNG](https://i.postimg.cc/Kjzfb5vx/screenshot-303.png)
  5. When you click it, a topic will be created in the Sentence Discussions subforum that you can reply to, or if one already exists for that sentence, you'll be taken there.

Note that not every sentence has a translation or a corresponding discussion on the Duolingo forum, which is why you won't always see those elements.

Credits: [mention]luo-ning[/mention]

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Madame Sensei
Japan

Re: How to use the Sentence Discussions Forum

Post by Madame Sensei »

Explorer wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:13 pm

To create a topic here you need to use the Duome browser extension, currently in open beta, along with the desktop version of Duolingo.

Instructions:

luo-ning wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:03 pm

How to install:

1. Install Tampermonkey
  2. Restart your browser
  3. Go to ext/luoning/sentencediscussions/styles/ ... pt.user.js and install the userscript
  4. You should now see a "DUOME" button next to most Duolingo challenges after you solve them, like this:
    ![duome_btn.PNG](https://i.postimg.cc/Kjzfb5vx/screenshot-303.png)
  5. When you click it, a topic will be created in the Sentence Discussions subforum that you can reply to, or if one already exists for that sentence, you'll be taken there.

Note that not every sentence has a translation or a corresponding discussion on the Duolingo forum, which is why you won't always see those elements.

Credits: @luo-ning

Wowzers, this is amazing.

Monique
United States of America

Post by Monique »

I've installed the user script and I see the "DUOME" button. But, for every sentence I try, I click the button and I'm taken to a non- related sentence. Help, please!

Screenshot 2023-03-19 133448.jpg
Screenshot 2023-03-19 133448.jpg (203.39 KiB) Viewed 477 times
gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Monique wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:49 pm

I've installed the user script and I see the "DUOME" button. But, for every sentence I try, I click the button and I'm taken to a non- related sentence. Help, please!

Other than @luo-ning (author of the script), I don't think there is anything we could do to fix that (even less with DL's latest changes).

In my case it has been a 50/50 situation: half of the time the script creates the thread with the sentence I just answered, while the other half it creates a thread with the next one or the second one after :?

:hash:  ㆍenglish ㆍduolingo ㆍduome

Last edited by gmads on Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

gmads wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:06 am
Monique wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:49 pm

Other than @luo-ning (author of the script), I don't think there is anything we could do to fix that (even less with DL's latest changes).

In my case it has been a 50/50 situation: half of the time the script creates the thread with the sentence I just answered, while the other half it creates a thread with the next one or the second one after :?

I've only used it a few times and had the luck that it always created a thread with the sentence I just answered. Maybe I'd have more misses if I used it more.

Return to “Sentence discussions”