Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

mChat in Polish?

Stasia
Poland

mChat in Polish?

Post by Stasia »

As you have probably noted, Duome now has a chat option. If you haven't noted, look in the upper right corner of this page, like this:

Would there be an interest to have a weekly Polish hour on the mChat?... Both for native speakers and learners? I posted a topic with the same question on the Polish language forum.

Europe evening hours correspond to American afternoon hours, so for example 7 pm in Europe is 1 pm Eastern time in the US/noon Central time/10 am Pacific time.

Mondays 7 pm European time/1 pm Eastern time are taken by French speakers. What do you think, maybe Wednesday 7 pm Europe/1 pm Eastern time US? Any other ideas?

Paging [mention]Jetdriver[/mention]... [mention]RazTheOne[/mention]... [mention]Davey944676[/mention]... I don't know who else...? :roll:

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

Davey944676
Great Britain

Re: mChat in Polish?

Post by Davey944676 »

That sounds good to me. Thanks for arranging it, [mention]Stasia[/mention] :)

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

Jetdriver
Great Britain

Post by Jetdriver »

I can try and make 7pm next Wednesday [mention]Stasia[/mention]

Native: 🇬🇧 Learning: 🇵🇱

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

What is the time now?

7pm cest or 7pm for Great Britain and Portugal?

(I wanted to peek in from time to time though I'm usually not available on Wednesdays, especially not after 19:30 cest)

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

MoniqueMaRie wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:07 pm

What is the time now?

7pm cest or 7pm for Great Britain and Portugal?

(I wanted to peek in from time to time though I'm usually not available on Wednesdays, especially not after 19:30 cest)

That was the confusion last week. :D 7 pm EUROPE. That would be 6 pm in England. Sorry I missed the French chat yesterday, I had some other stuff going on.

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Hi

...Was wondering if anyone could help me with doing my Polish lessons on the keyboard or phone.
Getting all my answers wrong now. ( Letters are different

Last edited by Meli578588 on Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Davey944676
Great Britain

Post by Davey944676 »

Meli578588 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:37 pm

Hi

...Was wondering if anyone could help me with doing my Polish lessons on the keyboard or phone.
Getting all my answers wrong now. ( Letters are different.) ...

Hi, Meli. Posted a reply on mchat earlier but I was a bit late and you probably missed it. Maybe you wil see this here if you get a notification. :)

...It's usually easy to add a Polish keyboard in your device's keyboard settings (without changing your device's system language) and toggle between keyboards. Most are then obvious, i.e. hold "z" to choose "ż" or "ź".

Less obvious is "Ł" (hold "L"), which is a "crossed L" and sounds like an English "W" :)...

I hope that helps - at least a little bit. :)

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hi, [mention]Meli578588[/mention], maybe this will help you. :)

Diacritics in polish.

https://duolingo.hobune.stream/comment/43959378

Polish diacritical marks are entered with the RIGHT ALT + key combination + the selected letter, where the "+" sign means that these two keys must be pressed simultaneously. Make sure you press keys such as ALT or SHIFT first. So hit the combination:
RIGHT ALT + a to get "ą",
RIGHT ALT + c to get "ć",
RIGHT ALT + e to get "ę",
RIGHT ALT + l to get "ł",
RIGHT ALT + n to get "ń",
RIGHT ALT + o to get "ó",
RIGHT ALT + s to get "ś",
RIGHT ALT + z to get "ż",
and the exception RIGHT ALT + x to get "ź"

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Thank you very much.

Those are really helpful !
🙂🙂

Last edited by Meli578588 on Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Hi, [mention]Meli578588[/mention] .... little addition. :)
Jak wstawić polskie litery / znaki w systemie Android na tablecie

Have a nice day. :D

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

I started the Polish course with two lovely people’s recommendation.🙂

Last edited by Meli578588 on Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Cała przyjemność po mojej stronie. :)

[mention]Meli578588[/mention], I'm glad that you did it and you will be able to do it now! hehe :D

Return to “Language”