Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

The DUO-ME owl

Ask, and we'll consider your request. Provide an accurate description of what you would like to do/have, and we'll consider implementing it, if this is technically possible.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

The DUO-ME owl

Post by Basler Biker »

THE FOLLOWING IS ALL NON-ESSENTIAL ...

I like the white DUO on green. But the main duome logo is just green with the rest transparant, so in dark mode the DUO gets black. To be consistent (must we?) we could make it explicit white, so it's in line with the duome subforum small logo's ?
Or the small "white" ones may be made duo transparant, so they turn black in dark mode - also fine for me...AND MAYBE BETTER afterall ;-)

Also note how the light-grey "no new entries" is visible in white mode, but not visible in dark mode ;-) again fine for me, once one gets used to the presentation as is.

Image vs Image

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

John238922
Australia

Re: The DUO-ME owl

Post by John238922 »

This logo seems to be extremely size-critical.

I'm looking at this on a 10 inch tablet.

The first of the above images measures about 1.5cm, wingtip to wingtip and is just fine: clearly the owl.

The second pair of images measure just less than 1 cm and are not clearly an owl at all: might be a map os Tasmania or an oakleaf.

The next two small images on the black background in bright green with white lettering are a bit better.

Maybe if the wings and cute little feet were exaggerated it would make it better.

MatOzone
Catalonia

Post by MatOzone »

It's strange, because the color is defined in the SVG (.st2{fill:#FAFAFA;}).
By the way: To change the size or the colors, edit the SVG in a text editor ("Notepad") and change the values in width= XXXpx height= XXXpx ,ㅤand the colors with those funky hex numbers 58CC02, FAFAFA

Code: Select all

<svg version="1.0" id="MatOzone" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" 
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" x="0px" y="0px"
	  width="76px" height="52px">
<style type="text/css">
	.st0{fill:#58CC02;}
	.st1{enable-background:new    ;}
	.st2{fill:#FAFAFA;}

Image Image

I fully support 🇺🇦!

NATIVE: ImageㅤAlso: Image Image Image ... and some others... Duolingo Course Data.

luo-ning

Post by luo-ning »

2 things —firstly, the site logo was using a PNG version rather than the nice SVG one, and secondly, it wasn't getting the "color restore" CSS applied to it in dark mode (dark mode sets base colors to lightness-inverted, so they have to be restored for images etc.)

Should be fixed now.

Edit: crud, now it's broken on mobile 😂 will fix that too
Edit 2: OK, that should also be fixed

🦀 Pensando en la inmortalidad del cangrejo 🏴‍☠️ Flags Are Not Languages

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

I wish I could give 2x THANKS for the 2 fixes.

just a stupid idea comes up... maybe we should re-introduce "lingots" or something else that we can "earn" and "give away" to those who work even harder ;-)

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Speaking of lingots. Mine are gone. Yes , I filed a bug report. My reply is ; something along the lines of ; don’t expect a reply back , something about being busy. I don’t receive them anymore. When I do my daily lessons , it asks me if I want to buy a streak freeze now , every single time. Here’s the kicker , I will need a streak freeze at some point soon here and I don’t really understand how to do it ..Would anyone mind explaining that to me ?

I used to be able to look all this up before the forum closed. Thank you. :)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Meli578588[/mention] To get a streak freeze, hover over lingots and go to shop and select a streak freeze purchase.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

[mention]Corinnebelle[/mention] Thank you much ! 😊

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

You are welcome!

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

I use the prosilver skin and there isn't any owl there, didn't even know this was a thing 🤔
![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.c ... d131c5.png)

tbh I can't understand how y'all manage to use the prolight skin, I can't even stand looking at it 🤮😂

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

I love it

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo
Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Oh , that’s neat to edit for someone’s typos.

How nice of them to do that. :)

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

how do you prosilver? i am default prolight managed by UCP (user control panel )

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Upbeat 88[/mention] Under board preferences, edit global settings ucp.php?i=179 My board style where you see the prolight there's some options for prosilver.

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

Corinnebelle wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:40 pm

@Upbeat 88 Under board preferences, edit global settings ucp.php?i=179 My board style where you see the prolight there's some options for prosilver.

thanks my friend i see that after the
fact thank you

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Upbeat 88[/mention] You are welcome!

Return to “Requests new Duome features”