Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Stopped getting "Your translation was accepted" e-mails - Anyone else?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Dodoa
Austria

Stopped getting "Your translation was accepted" e-mails - Anyone else?

Post by Dodoa »

I report missing translations quite regularly on duolingo and up to around the time the forums closed I used to get those "Your translation was accepted" mails quite regularly. Maybe one or two a week, I think. It might have been two or three weeks between mails sometimes too, but since I didn't write it down and didn't save them I'm not sure how frequent they really were. Anyway, since the forums closed there has been nothing, even though I'm reporting at about the same rate as before. Has anyone else noticed this, or are my translations just bad lately? I'm doing the English to French and German to French courses, by the way.

Native: 🇩🇪 C1: 🇺🇸 A1: 🇫🇷 󠁬

Julian_L.
Argentina

Re: Stopped getting "Your translation was accepted" e-mails - Anyone else?

Post by Julian_L. »

On April 9 I received an e-mail of precisely "Your translation was accepted" from a course I finished some years ago and I didn't do anything else since then.

:argentina:N :it: Image

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hi, I got the last thank you on March 20, before the forum closure, and I have it in my mail.

... and this is the content of this thank you:

Thank you for suggesting "I have already heard the song" as a translation for "Już słyszałam tę piosenkę". We now accept this translation!
Duolingo keeps getting better thanks to language lovers like you. We really appreciate your help!
~ The Duolingo team

I made the most corrections in the Polish language, because it is my native language! :)

Last edited by Dana_Dany Danuta on Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

I kept receiving some fairly regularly throughout April, either from Spanish from English (more likely), or English from Spanish.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

back4morelater
Great Britain

Post by back4morelater »

Last one I got was about 18 hours ago - from Spanish from English. In the past it does seem to be patchy and I suspect depends on person nominally in charge of that skill

b05aplmun.ca
United States of America

Post by b05aplmun.ca »

I got one today (Apr. 27, 2022).

I thought I had posted earlier that I had gotten a batch in late March and early April, after the closing of the forums, as well, but that reply seems to have gone missing, so I probably didn't actually post my little blurb on the topic.

In any case, in my experience, those emails tend to come in batches, generally well after the suggestion was originally made (as in months or longer later). I suspect it has to do with how much time the volunteers or staff have to deal with processing those suggestions. As you point out, it also has to do with one's personal accuracy rate. Thus it could conceivably could decrease for suggestions made during time periods when you are working through new or difficult material.

Deleted User 4833

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

deleted

Last edited by Deleted User 4833 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Wow! @JudieLC Which language?

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Deleted User 4833

Deleted

Last edited by Deleted User 4833 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Cool! @JudieLC :D

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

b05aplmun.ca
United States of America

Post by b05aplmun.ca »

JudieLC wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:46 am

Shock! I just saw that I got a "Your suggestion was accepted!" email yesterday.

I think this is the first one I've gotten in years and years.

I can't even remember how long ago I suggested it.

I got one quite recently (February 26th) for Spanish. In my experience, sometimes they come thick and fast and other times not at all. It seems to vary by language and how much work someone(s) are or are not doing to keep up with the suggestions for the language.

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

Same here (Spanish from English, too). None for several months, then quite a few during the last one or two weeks. And those are very old suggestions I can't really remember.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

JudieLC wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:07 am

Hi JudieLC,

Thank you for suggesting “Yo necesito una otra bolsa por favor” as a translation for “I need another bag, please.”. We now accept this translation!

As a Spanish student, well, you —as we are all— are entitled to suggesting erroneous translations, but for duolingo to accept them… :shock: :cry:

• yo necesito una otra bolsa por favor

I have always wondered about the people behind the translations —either the ones creating them or the ones accepting them. In some courses at least (like the spa→ita), they are a total disgrace.

🦎  Amazonia is now becoming a carbon source.  🦎
Elysium - Master of the rainforest

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Deleted User 4833

gmads wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:31 am
JudieLC wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:07 am

Hi JudieLC,

Thank you for suggesting “Yo necesito una otra bolsa por favor” as a translation for “I need another bag, please.”. We now accept this translation!

As a Spanish student, well, you —as we are all— are entitled to suggesting erroneous translations, but for duolingo to accept them… :shock: :cry:

I have always wondered about the people behind the translations —either the ones creating them or the ones accepting them. In some courses at least (like the spa→ita), they are a total disgrace.

Was this post actually necessary? Technically it's not incorrect.

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Deleted User 4833 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm
gmads wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:31 am

Was this post actually necessary? Technically it's not incorrect.

Yes. It is incorrect. And don't express opinions, give facts.

🦎  Amazonia is now becoming a carbon source.  🦎
Elysium - Master of the rainforest

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Return to “Duolingo”