Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Language drops- Arabic

Moderator: The_lost

Deleted User 114

Language drops- Arabic

Post by Deleted User 114 »

https://languagedrops.com/language/learn-arabic

Language Drops is a very, very, good platform to learn some more in-depth Arabic vocabulary! Language drops is also free.

With Language Drops you can browse many different topics of things in Arabic. Food, travel, animals, health, shopping, clothing, etc.

Language Dropz has helped my vocabulary grow a lot! I would definitely recommend it to others, as I am doing right now. :)

Corinnebelle

Re: Language drops- Arabic

Post by Corinnebelle »

Language drops also has a visual dictionary. Here is the one for Arabic. I thought this was just a phone app, but I just learnt they have a web app too! They have Hebrew!

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Does the drops teach gender? I have been doing Hebrew and they teach the feminine gender with a man. I only got two verbs so far, but do they have females doing things? Or did they just use the same pictures for every language regardless that some have more than one form in languages other than English?

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Deleted User 114

Corinnebelle wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:38 pm

Does the drops teach gender? I have been doing Hebrew and they teach the feminine gender with a man. I only got two verbs so far, but do they have females doing things? Or did they just use the same pictures for every language regardless that some have more than one form in languages other than English?

I don’t know. I haven’t gotten very far into Language Drops because I am working on finishing my Duolingo course. I think they probably teach gender endings, etc. but then maybe not. :)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Wow! You've got one less skill than me to finish the tree! You're on level 25 while I'm on level 23 and have got 30 more crowns than me. The crown total for the Arabic tree is way lower than the one for Hebrew. It must be shorter tree.

Deleted User 114

Corinnebelle wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:35 am

Wow! You've got one less skill than me to finish the tree! You're on level 25 while I'm on level 23 and have got 30 more crowns than me. The crown total for the Arabic tree is way lower than the one for Hebrew. It must be shorter tree.

Yes, I am excited to finish it. :) The Arabic tree isn’t super long, it has 46 skills. How long is the Hebrew course?

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Do you think it has helped you learn a lot? Congratulations! :)

The Hebrew tree has 84 skills and 446 lessons. Duome says Arabic has only 42 skills, are they incorrect? How many lessons do you have per skill? Some of mine are eleven.

Deleted User 114

Corinnebelle wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:10 am

Do you think it has helped you learn a lot? Congratulations! :)

The Hebrew tree has 84 skills and 446 lessons. Duome says Arabic has only 42 skills, are they incorrect? How many lessons do you have per skill? Some of mine are eleven.

42 skills? I just went and counted my tree, it seems I have 46, possibly the Duome stats are wrong.

Duome says the Arabic course has 210 lessons. I usually have 4-5 lessons per crown, but I have had 6-7 occasionally.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

This is what my report of your progress said

Level 25 · 61375 XP

Crowns: 249/276

Skills: 42

Lessons: 197

Lexemes: 1390

Strength: 100%

It was cached data and has now been updated, now I understand why it said less skills and lessons.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

one thing I don't like about their Arabic course is that if you have the transliteration on when learning it will give you matching and form the word exercises with the transliteration rather than the Arabic text 👎🏽

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

I like drops too, especially because it has a few African languages that include ones Duolingo has no plan to add any time soon!

🇺🇦

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Drops - African Languages

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

I’m doing drops every day now. I have a six day streak going! And just for the record, the other two African languages they have there besides Swahili are Igbo and Yoruba. These languages are spoken in a different area of Africa - Nigerian area - than the South / Southeastern area where Duolingo is currently focused.

One thing you can do on drops, instead of letting it unveil each drop in its own time, you can push each new word to the top (the eye banned icon) until the topic is complete. Then you can go back into that topic (which will have shifted all the way to the right in the category you are studying) and click on the circled i in the upper right hand corner. It will show you the entire list of words in that topic. Click on the three dots on the right and then the eye at the right to study each word you want to study. You can also write down all of those words before you study them. Just an idea for a slightly more controlled approach to accelerate your drops learning process.

🇺🇦

IceVajal
Germany

Re: Language drops- Russian

Post by IceVajal »

I started Drops almost 40 days ago due to this post. So I'm glad about the review of the app and shows it's worth reading posts which deal with languages I don't learn.

And one day the app didn't open at the tablet, so I installed it at my mobile and logged in to my account. I realized that I get on both devices the daily 5 minutes for free as well as bonuses. It seems that part of the last lesson I did at the tablet gets repeat when I use the mobile next, but that's fine with me.

N :de: - B2 :us: - Beginner :ru: (Busuu: B1) - :netherlands:

Deleted User 4833

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

Language Drops doesn't actually seem to be free. It gives you one free week and then you have to sign up for a payment plan.

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

I use the free version for a different language pair for about 2 months. Just yesterday I got back to it.
But you can only do 5 minutes, then either watch a commercial to get another minute for free or wait 10 hrs.
I have a lifetime subscription which was offered to me around Black Friday and I only paid 3€ more than for an annual subscription. For about 4-5 months I always rejected the annual subscription offer and just did the free 5 minutes.

Deleted User 4833

IceVajal wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:12 pm

I use the free version for a different language pair for about 2 months. Just yesterday I got back to it.
But you can only do 5 minutes, then either watch a commercial to get another minute for free or wait 10 hrs.
I have a lifetime subscription which was offered to me around Black Friday and I only paid 3€ more than for an annual subscription. For about 4-5 months I always rejected the annual subscription offer and just did the free 5 minutes.

It offered me a free trial for, if I recall correctly, one week.

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

Right, I got this offer as well, but ignored it. Stick to the 5 minutes every 10 hrs. Sometimes watched an ad or two.

Deleted User 4833

Thanks for all the info. I'll give Language Drops another try.

Edited to add that I passed the free trial page and did get a five minute lesson. Mostly stuff I know already, but it's good reinforcement.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

y'all can just download the cracked version from a third party site and learn as much as you want for free 😂

Return to “Resources”