Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Is this Portuguese? Topic is solved

Moderator: Explorer

Corinnebelle

Is this Portuguese?

Post by Corinnebelle »

Just made a post in the Hebrew forum about Hebrew decks on Anki from other languages and guessed this deck is from Portuguese. [Meant to save it as a draft until confirmed.] Could someone tell me if that is correct?

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Julian_L.
Argentina

Re: Is this Portuguese?

Post by Julian_L. »

I've just checked, and I doesn't contain anything of Portuguese, only some basic words or phrases in English and their variants in Hebrew.

:argentina:N :it: Image

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Thanks! When I searched, it seemed to indicate João was a Portuguese name and also Hebrew. I don't know why they would have titled that with it.

Last edited by Corinnebelle on Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Corinnebelle wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:21 am

Thanks! I searched it seemed to indicate João was a Portuguese name and also Hebrew. I don't know why they would have titled that with it.

João is indeed the Portuguese form of John, a given name of Hebrew origin.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Return to “Language”