Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Ukrainian movies / українські фільми

Shypharagy
Poland

Ukrainian movies / українські фільми

Post by Shypharagy »

Hello fellow language learners,

I am rapidly approaching the end of the Ukrainian course and would love to watch some Ukrainian movies with subtitles on any portal, the ones I found on Youtube were without subtitles and it helps me a lot when I can combine listening and reading. Could anyone share a link please? I'll grab anything honestly, doesn't need to be a masterpiece at all, я просто хочу потренуватися в слуханні та итанні.

HeyMarlana
Canada

Re: Ukrainian movies / українські фільми

Post by HeyMarlana »

I found movies on YouTube by searching in Ukrainian, what I was looking for. For example:
"Українські фільми"

I just saw that this one was just uploaded about a week ago: Легенда Карпат
I'll be watching that tonight!

Жива is a great film. There's a wee bit of overacting from Olпa Komanovska, but otherwise it's a true story and whether you understand the language or not, you can easily follow along with what's going on, which I think makes it great for learners who struggle without subtitles.

Some of the most fun in my opinion, were the ones that are dated.
My favourite is Marichka, which was filmed in Ontario but the setting is supposed to be in 1915.

Remember...do something nice for yourself today.

Return to “Questions and answers”