Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[ARCHIVE] Fun facts about Seoul!

Moderator: PtolemysXX

Deleted User 114

[ARCHIVE] Fun facts about Seoul!

Post by Deleted User 114 »

This was originally posted by Blades_Of_Grass***

https://archive.ph/dgsnC

Hello! I apologize for not being here for a week...or maybe two..? But I'm back with a post about South Korea! I hope you enjoy these fun facts! And I'll provide my source at the end.

1: Seoul is the largest metropolis in South Korea. It is ranked as the fourth largest metropolitan economy of the world, even larger than London and Paris.

2: South Korea developed massively after the Korean War; becoming one of the largest economies of the world. The credit goes to its work culture. With the most populated city of South Korea, Seoulites are the biggest workaholics. Moreover, the government had to force the law to reduce the working hours of the employees.

3: Seoul has its birthday celebration known as “Seoul Street and Art Festival,” originally named as “Hi Seoul Festival” in 2013. It is the festival celebrating 600 years of Seoul as the capital city.

4: Seoul is also distinguished to have the world’s largest indoor theme park “Lotte World.”

5: If you kill your time on the internet and then buffering kills your mood; here’s a suggestion, go to Seoul. It serves with the world’s fastest internet speed.

6: With the headquarters of the big companies like LG, Samsung, and Hyundai, Seoul is surely a techno-city. If lost in the airport, its robots will guide you; they have also introduced 5G, which is 1000 times faster than LTE and self-driven buses or smart homes.

7: When in Seoul, visit in month October to walk in the park in Seoul Eulalia Fest or in spring to see the cherry gardens in full bloom in Seoul Flower Fest. You can visit in October and September in the International Firework Festival, or you can light the lanterns in November in Lanterns Festival.

8: Seoul is home to Starfield COEX Mall, Asia’s largest underground mall.

9: In Guinness Book of World Record, “Banpo Bridge” in Seoul, is listed as World’s largest fountain bridge.

10: When in Seoul, you would get more side dishes than main dishes. A typical Korean meal comes with seven or eight separate side dishes including the squash soup and kimchies.
I hope you enjoyed these! Here is the link to read all of them!: https://ohfact.com/seoul-facts/

Return to “Korean”