Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Announcement - Swedish Stories in Duome

The Duome Team uses this forum to announce new features, new forums or forum structure changes, developments going on, and other matters you should be aware of.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Announcement - Swedish Stories in Duome

Post by Basler Biker »

Read how we made the 2nd Swedish Story on Duome.
viewtopic.php?p=10948-svtip-tip-for-the ... -04#p10948
And read about our plans to make many more.

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

EranBarLev
Israel

Re: Announcement - Swedish Stories in Duome

Post by EranBarLev »

The unofficial stories project has some stories in Swedish:

https://carex.uber.space/stories/?lang=sv&lang_base=en

Maybe you can add your new story there.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

EranBarLev wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:40 am

The unofficial stories project has some stories in Swedish:

https://carex.uber.space/stories/?lang=sv&lang_base=en

Maybe you can add your new story there.

Oh I know, but only 3, they are all very nice, a nice remake, really well done, chapeau !
...but you need special tools to make/edit them. And the "contact" to have the tools isn't replying...
If you know who they are, or who made the Swedish stories, I can try again...

Indeed, first I considered to make a full set of Swedish stories there,
... but even If I had the tools, here on duome we are fine with

• just some simple html ...
  • we can manage the stories the way we want,
  • we make them searcheable/findeable as the content is indexed
  • etc etc. so Apart from the looks, only advantages to stay "independent" with Duome

Also, after what Duolingo has done (read not done) for its forum community,
personally I don't feel the need to create Duolingo Story remakes...

I prefer to focus on content, and on the fact that some duome members can collaborate in a small ad-hoc group to create them, rather than focus on compatibility with Duolingo.

Because the aim of Stories, whatever the looks or style, is that a well defined "context" is created for sentences on which questions are asked. That's the real essence of the stories.

That in contrast to "loose"/"stand-alone" sentences as in the Duolingo exercises, sentences which had no context, and thus too often lead to never-ending discussions about ambiguity in either the From or To part of the "valid" answers.

But that said, I am quite a visual guy too, and I'd like a bit more "interaction" and "animation" in the new Swedish Stories collection, if I had the tools to do so. So any hints are welcome!

There are some free/public tools available too. I am experimenting with Hot Potatoes https://hotpot.uvic.ca/ ... a free lesson/quizz/multiple-choice/... creation tool, used by official instances too, universities, schools, etc. This tool can also be fully customized in terms of colors and style, to match the "theme" of the main site in which the generated self-sustaining html is to be integrated.

Another nice toolset is https://learningapps.org/ ... all interactivity is pre-fab with templates to choose from, remains just to fill the contents. Interface in many "From" languages...

And in the Dutch teaching world, KlasCement is famous also =< new site https://www.oefen.be/

Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Basler Biker wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:32 am

And the "contact" to have the tools isn't replying...

The contacts are @Randriano and @Tatyana650946, but since the DL forum was closed, the only way to contact them is Discord, which I couldn't register to. :( Did you try the Discord channel mentioned in their page?

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

EranBarLev wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:13 am
Basler Biker wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:32 am

And the "contact" to have the tools isn't replying...

The contacts are @Randriano and @Tatyana650946, but since the DL forum was closed, the only way to contact them is Discord, which I couldn't register to. :( Did you try the Discord channel mentioned in their page?

I'll try, Thx.
Still I'd prefer using and relying on tools which are much wider spread, established, used "worldwide" ;-)

Return to “Announcements by Duome”