Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Profile photos that move?

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

Mary_La_MaguitaUwU
Chile

Profile photos that move?

Post by Mary_La_MaguitaUwU »

First I want to apologize if my English is not well understood, I still don't speak it fluently :( because is not my native language

Today I saw a user with a profile picture that moved, is it possible to post one like that, in GIF or Giphy format?

MARYImage
Tricks to gain a lot of exp in Duo 👉 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgSzUgWE7fA

luo-ning

Re: Profile photos that move?

Post by luo-ning »

Mary_La_MaguitaUwU wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:55 pm

First I want to apologize if my English is not well understood, I still don't speak it fluently :( because is not my native language

No worries! We're all learning languages here, mistakes are expected and encouraged 😊

Today I saw a user with a profile picture that moved, is it possible to post one like that, in GIF or Giphy format?

Technically possible, if you can find an animated gif under 98KiB in file size, but not recommended unless the animation is very small and subtle, because other users will probably find it annoying.

🦀 Pensando en la inmortalidad del cangrejo 🏴‍☠️ Flags Are Not Languages

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

Somehow, everyone who takes notes like this speaks fluently).

Почему-то все кто делает такие заметки, как раз разговаривают хорошо).

De alguna manera, todos los que toman notas así hablan con fluidez).

justheaven

Post by justheaven »

luo-ning wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:47 pm

Technically possible, if you can find an animated gif under 98KiB in file size, but not recommended unless the animation is very small and subtle, because other users will probably find it annoying.

Oop, I was experimenting with gifs and sizes and I thought I'd leave the gif for now, but if my profile pic is in any way bothering anyone please let me know and I'll change it.

N🇧🇬 A2:es: C1:us:
"That youngster's naturalness is impressive."Duolingo

luo-ning

Post by luo-ning »

[mention]justheaven[/mention] Personally I'm OK with it. If people get too annoyed with animated GIFs, I've been testing out a code snippet for turning them into static images that re-animate when they're hovered. Maybe we'll add that as an option in the user control panel if there's demand for it.

🦀 Pensando en la inmortalidad del cangrejo 🏴‍☠️ Flags Are Not Languages

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

1 no clue and nice English I am native in English so let me know if you need help

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

justheaven wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:14 pm

Oop, I was experimenting with gifs and sizes and I thought I'd leave the gif for now, but if my profile pic is in any way bothering anyone please let me know and I'll change it.

nah it's fine 👍🏾

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

justheaven wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:14 pm

I like your birds!

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”