Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[Archive] 3 ways to disable the Leagues

These Duome Forum guides have step-by-step instructions and screenshots on how to achieve the desired results. So read the relevant ones before you ask again.

trackerwannabe
United States of America

[Archive] 3 ways to disable the Leagues

Post by trackerwannabe »

I was unable to find this information elsewhere on duome, so I'm putting it here for future reference.
If it already exists, please let me know. There's no point in duplicating information.

Originally posted by Algarve11. [Also archived here.]

![

1. Disabling the Leagues by making your profile private.

Go to the Settings

Go to the Privacy section.

Untick the button "make my profile public".

Save the changes.

Done.

If you do this in your browser, the Leagues will be also disabled in the app. Please note that by making your profile private, you won't be able to follow other users nor being followed. As long as your profile remains private you will stay in the same League. If you make your profile private while you are still in a leaderboard competition you will stay in this leaderboard and may be demoted or promoted at the end of the leaderboard week, but from then on you will not join a new leaderboard. You can join a new leaderboard anytime except the last 24 hours of a leaderboard week. The list of people you are following and your followers stays the same. You can't see your friends list anymore on the main page but you can see it on your profile. Also others can still see a person they are following in their list after that person made the profile private.
Thanks to @dlhgl for this information.

2. Hiding the Leagues panel with an ad blocker.

It works only if you are using Duolingo in a browser, not in the app.

First, install the uBlock Origin extension (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge).

Go to Duolingo home page and right-click on your League (make sure that you're selecting the whole League and not some of it's elements).

Select the option Block item.

In the window that opens, select Create:
![

And enjoy:
![

If you like, you can delete the white space that appears instead of the League the same way: then the achievement table will move up.

When a new week starts you'll get a notification about the position that you kept in the last League. Every new League will appear again on the main page and you'll have to block it again.

Note: you can do the same with some other ad blockers, for example AdBlock Plus.

3. Hiding the Leagues panel with an userstyle
(this method was invented by @Thiibo. I found it thanks to the comments of @dlhgl and @testmoogle. You can read the comments here).

And again, this works only if you are using Duolingo in a browser, not in the app.

Google Chrome

Get the "Stylus" userstyle extension for Chrome. (Click the blue "Add to Chrome" button on that page.)

Get the "Duolingo hide leagues" userstyle. (Click the blue "Install Style" button on that page.)

Done.

Firefox

Get the "Stylus" userstyle extension for Firefox. (Click the blue "Add to Firefox" button on that page.)

Get the "Duolingo hide leagues" userstyle. (Click the blue "Install Style" button on that page.)

Done.

It should automatically work straightaway, even without having to refresh the page. Don't have to do anything else. You can make the Leagues panel be visible again whenever you want by turning off the userstyle in the Stylus extension menu.

Please note that even though you will not see the leaderboards you'll still be participating in them.

2019-07-09 19:00:56Z

Return to “Duome's How-to Guides”