Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

200 days, 3rd checkpoint, 295 crowns

Corinnebelle

200 days, 3rd checkpoint, 295 crowns

Post by Corinnebelle »

My first 200 day streak! I wasn't going to post but then I have just gotten through the third checkpoint and I have 190 crowns in Hebrew, 295 crowns in all.

Verbs are just now becoming fun, I struggled with so many verb tenses at first, but they are opening up to me.

I have the first checkpoint to legendary, and over a third of the second check point gold with some legendary purpling it as well.

I am hoping to have my tree finished soon and then work on doing all the levels and getting it to legendary.

My spelling has improved a lot since I started, I can sound words out and get them right sometimes, I'm not left guessing when trying to remember how to spell new words as much as before. Maybe that is because I've have been using the word bank, it helps me listening and not be so stressed out about where to find the letters on the keyboard to spell them. [Hebrew has a different keyboard to English and the letters don't match ours either.] I think I'm getting more familiar with the Hebrew letters. Just casually glancing over Hebrew words unless I know them, is still hard for me. I wonder when you get to the point that it's easy to sound things out in a foreign alphabet?

The forums closing was a big disappointment but I have found helpful people here too! I am grateful for the new forum here. I've lost some language friends in the process but I've also gained some here. :D

A new thing I've started since the forum closed is practicing in my target language. I take three words in Hebrew from my DL lessons and make sentences out of them. I am learning a lot this way about how the language actually works thanks to a helpful member's corrections.

All I can say is keep trying, my progress is tremendous compared to close to 0 when I started, but I've still got a long way to go! :)

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Dovili22
United States of America

Re: 200 days, 3rd checkpoint, 295 crowns

Post by Dovili22 »

Congratulations You have been doing an amazing performance

D o r a

Corinnebelle

Re: 200 days, 3rd checkpoint, 295 crowns

Post by Corinnebelle »

Dovili22 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:15 am

Congratulations You have been doing an amazing performance

Thanks! I've been on DL a lot longer than I managed to keep a streak, but this is my first 200.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “Achievements”