Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[GUIDE] PM Friends and foes

These Duome Forum guides have step-by-step instructions and screenshots on how to achieve the desired results. So read the relevant ones before you ask again.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

[GUIDE] PM Friends and foes

Post by Basler Biker »

Now that you are on a forum allowing for PM Personal/Private Messages, you may wonder what Friends and Foes does on the UCP - PM - options screen. read about it here

PS: note that all standard functions of this phpBB technology based forum are described here.

So make sure you search there and read before you ask (again)... ;-)

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Deleted User 114

Re: [GUIDE] PM Friends and foes

Post by Deleted User 114 »

Is there any way to tell who has friended you back?

Don’t kill me, please, I read both of the posts you linked to! ;)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Jacko079 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:01 pm

Is there any way to tell who has friended you back?

Don’t kill me, please, I read both of the posts you linked to! ;)

Good. But I would guess there isn't a way. It's a personal setting, and others don't "know" about.
Just like my "theme" or "dark mode" you can't find out which one I have active ;-)
Also there isn't a "send a group PM to all my friends", as PM needs to be "personal".
Also adding a friend or a foe does not notify that alias.

About other functions of phpBB, feel free to also search google adding site:phpbb.com
There are a lot of things out there which have been asked, discussed, answered.
And on duome we want to concentrate on languages, besides some "general" topics when forums for that is provided.
And I am happy to explain "some" things to newcomers, as we all in the Team are new to all this.
And explaining it is also learning for us.

But chances are, for any phpBB related question here we'll just have to google it too...
Which is a pleasure we don't want to take away from you... ;-)

https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=23354

Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Deleted User 114

Which is a pleasure we don't want to take away from you... ;-)

Oh, of course not, I would not expect that. You shouldn’t derive me of the pleasure. ;)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Perhaps we should add as @Jacko079 said that the highlighting feature works with the prosilver theme which can be set in board preferences in the control panel.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:17 pm

Perhaps we should add as @Jacko079 said that the highlighting feature works with the prosilver theme which can be set in board preferences in the control panel.

I am on Prosilver now, and I don't see any highlight of posts by/from my "friend" aliases.
So I wonder where [mention]Jacko079[/mention] saw this ...is there footage from that (screenshot or so) ?

Deleted User 114

I have added @lrai as a friend. In the photo, you can see that their post is highlighted. Any post that mentions [mention]lrai[/mention] is highlighted, not depending on whether they wrote it or not.

3654D860-828E-462A-9DD1-434BA9BC8E6C.jpeg
3654D860-828E-462A-9DD1-434BA9BC8E6C.jpeg (200.82 KiB) Viewed 1068 times

Now I’m going to go change my theme back to pro light. :)

lrai
United States of America

Post by lrai »

jacko079:

WOW that is cool...I had no idea...thanks for that tidbit.

lrai
what's your legacy
Image 🇨🇳 🇷🇺 Learning Yiddish, Chinese, Russian

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

I don't see what you look at, when you say there is a difference ;-) I miss the point ;-)

Also, I see still no difference in the mentions. Here in ProSilver 4 screenshots of a mention. w/wo "friend", dark and light mode
Always with F5 and CTRL-F5 also after every change, just to be sure.

Same for ProLight - no difference.

What you have in ProSilver is that there is alteration of the background, for the post list and for quote parts.
But again other than that I don't see a relation with my friends.

And as for foes, the posts are collapsed initially, but can still be seen when needed.
(don't worry "weerwater" it's just for a technical est...we're all friends ! )

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Same situation. I just tried the two other themes, silverpro and dark edition, and I definitely did not see any change regarding the supposed background highlighting. I also tried the dark mode.

🦎  Amazonia is now becoming a carbon source.  🦎
Elysium - Master of the rainforest

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Return to “Duome's How-to Guides”