Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Where is everybody ?

catha
Wales

Where is everybody ?

Post by catha »

Hi guys have all the wonderfully helpful people that used to answer/support/encourage us learners on the now closed forum abandoned us ? Have they jumped ship to join the discord thingy whatever it is ? Is the read only sentence discussion it? It's not enough. Reading everybody else's questions and answers was hugely helpful. As a newbie I didn't feel confident enough to ask a question half of the time.

Last edited by Jacko079 on Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Minor grammatical error
MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Re: Where is everybody ?

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

It seems that the helpers are scattered to the four winds. Some are on discord, some are here. The Italian book club I was interested in is on lifeandlanguages.

Which languages do you learn?

Last edited by MoniqueMaRie on Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

catha wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:33 am

Is the read only sentence discussion it? It's not enough. Reading everybody else's questions and answers was hugely helpful.

Someone on this forum has told us that the read only mode in sentence discussions is only temporarily. There is hope.

Last edited by MoniqueMaRie on Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

catha
Wales

Re: Were is everybody ?

Post by catha »

MoniqueMaRie wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:43 am

It seems that the helpers are scattered to the four winds. Some are on discord, some are here. The Italian book club I was interested in is on lifeandlanguages.

Which languages do you learn?

Thank you for replying so quickly. I'm learning Welsh.

catha
Wales

Post by catha »

MoniqueMaRie wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:48 am

Is the read only sentence discussion it? It's not enough. Reading everybody else's questions and answers was hugely helpful.

Someone on this forum has told us that the read only mode in sentence discussions is only temporarily. There is hope.

I hope so for everybody on here that needs help.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

The language I learn is French.

I asked about helpers directly in the subforum "I'm learning french" and was contacted by someone I knew from Duolingo. Now she kindly answers my questions.
But surely there are more people learning French than Welsh so it is probably easier to find someone to answer my questions on French than yours on Welsh

val
Wales

Post by val »

I’m learning Welsh too but it’s so hard without the sentence forum!

Siobhan688078
Wales

Post by Siobhan688078 »

Hi guys have all the wonderfully helpful people that used to answer/support/encourage us learners on the now closed forum abandoned us ? Have they jumped ship to join the discord thingy whatever it is ? Is the read only sentence discussion it? It's not enough. Reading everybody else's questions and answers was hugely helpful. As a newbie I didn't feel confident enough to ask a question half of the time.

Yma o hyd.... 8-)

Deleted User 1414

Post by Deleted User 1414 »

1 I went to an unofficial site suggested by the duo 2 I'm in the duome but I haven't registered 3 The forum may have graduated! ?? Maybe everyone graduated once after the duo forum was over. I don't know if everyone will come here.

val
Wales

Post by val »

Lots of help to be found on the Facebook group for Duolingo Welsh 😀

Annibyniaeth
Wales

Post by Annibyniaeth »

val wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:26 pm

Lots of help to be found on the Facebook group for Duolingo Welsh 😀

I will never subject myself to Facebook however tempting it may be. Despicable organisation.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Hi guys! The sentence discussion feature is working. You need to load the tampermonkey script to access the duome button which will create a sentence discussion for each sentence for you to comment on. Or you can look at sentences already created on Duome. The sentences generated by you using the script will be placed in Unanswered sentence discussions until it is commented on, then it will automatically transfer to the assigned language.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Elin_7-1
Wales

Post by Elin_7-1 »

Hi,

If you want to get in touch with one of the tutors, then join one of Richard's Welsh classes and he will be able to provide details of what classes and how he is running them after January 2023. His classes are listed here: https://classes.duolingo.com/host/rmcode

The Welsh Government is now co-ordinating the course, in line with the published Welsh courses taught in Adult Education colleges in Wales. They can be contacted through the website : https://learnwelsh.cymru/

Return to “Welsh”