Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

More on CEFR level checking tools and tips

Basler Biker
Switzerland

More on CEFR level checking tools and tips

Post by Basler Biker »

There HAS BEEN a CEFR Level checking tool from Duolingo, and there is footage from it on YT. Sich as this one in Swedish even.

It's a mystery, again, why the tool was abolished... :-(

Then there is the VocabKitchen Tool

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

konstig

Re: More on CEFR level checking tools and tips

Post by konstig »

They probably didn't want to share it anymore. Have you tried readlang? If you upload a French text to readlang the site will automatically estimate/calculate the CEFR level. I imagine that the same is true for Swedish texts. (The quality of the algorithm is, of course, another matter.) If you don't want to share the text on readlang you can keep it private.

Native speaker of Swedish, reluctant user of English, passionate student of (Mandarin) Chinese, occasional reader of German, casual participant in the green owl's French class.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

konstig wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:44 pm

They probably didn't want to share it anymore. Have you tried readlang? If you upload a French text to readlang the site will automatically estimate/calculate the CEFR level. I imagine that the same is true for Swedish texts. (The quality of the algorithm is, of course, another matter.) If you don't want to share the text on readlang you can keep it private.

I'll definitely try that - I must have seen it, as I am a fan of readlang, but I must have forgotten.
I'll have a test right away ;-) Thanks !

Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

So, I gave that a try in Readlang. Thanks for the tip !
When I upload [mention]Will709432[/mention] initial Story 1 "Vegan" text then Readlang qualifies it as C1

Now I am interested to know what the algorythm IS, and on another occasion I tried to contact the maker. But so far never got a reply. On LinkedIn Steve Ridout writes that he started working for Duolingo some 6 yrs ago, if I remember well.

Will709432

Post by Will709432 »

Basler Biker wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:30 pm

When I upload @Will709432 initial Story 1 "Vegan" text then Readlang qualifies it as C1

Now I am interested to know what the algorythm IS, and on another occasion I tried to contact the maker. But so far never got a reply. On LinkedIn Steve Ridout writes that he started working for Duolingo some 6 yrs ago, if I remember well.

So what level is C1? Easy read?

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Will709432 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:20 pm
Basler Biker wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:30 pm

When I upload @Will709432 initial Story 1 "Vegan" text then Readlang qualifies it as C1

So what level is C1? Easy read?

Well, see for yourself here ... ;-) A is more simple ...B...C is more difficult
Do a search with CEFR in the Swedish forum... ;-)
search.php?keywords=CEFR&fid[0]=22
and read all about CEFR levels in EN or SV (to practice ;-) )

Return to “Min svenska läroplan”