Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[ARCHIVE] How to understand vowels in Hebrew?

Moderator: Corinnebelle

Corinnebelle

[ARCHIVE] How to understand vowels in Hebrew?

Post by Corinnebelle »

osleek wrote:

I am just a newbie to Hebrew, without any other knowledge of it, and I am very confused from the very beginning.
Currently, I am just stuck with "The dove likes wine" somewhere in the first lesson. The task (listening comprehension) is to write something which is sounds like "oyuna ohevet teaim" (sorry guys, didn't mean to hurt someone) with Hebrew letters which is nearly impossible to finish with my 15 minutes of knowledge of this fascinating language. Not mentioning that the course does not have slow spelling mode which I thought is present in every other course on DL.
How to define where should be א or ה for a, o and other vowels? Tips and notes have no answer. Even the first tasks (mom, dad) - aleph is spelled as "a" and "i or ee"... I'm totally confused :-(
Any help appreciated.

Archive of comments

If you don't want your post on here, please notify me immediately.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “Alefbet”