Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

KevinR86's final message to the Duolingo forum

01tmJ8kb

KevinR86's final message to the Duolingo forum

Post by 01tmJ8kb »

Archived at: https://archive.ph/DYNpb

Farewell to the forums and a message for the community

I wanted to take the time to leave a short message. It has been a pleasure being a part of the forum community and a forum admin for the past 4 + years.

Change is often tough and like many of you here, I am saddened that the forums will no longer be here. I hope that this doesn't deter the language journey of any learner here.

While the forums are somewhat tangible in nature, community isn't. The community is something that exists as long as there are dedicated language learners who are willing to help one another, provide helpful advice, and simply be there to support one another through achievements and frustrations. A change in platform isn't an end to the community itself. This community is a strong one and exhibits those traits, which has been a huge motivation for me as a community management professional.

I will connect with many of you elsewhere, but I want to wish everyone the best in their journey. Let's not forget what was built here, and what makes the Duolingo community as a whole one of the greatest.

:gb: N :de: A1 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 A1 :fr: A1

HeyMarlana
Canada

Re: Kevin's final message to the Duolingo forum

Post by HeyMarlana »

Great message. I wish I knew if he was here or wherever to tell him thanks. Duolingo is responsible for many good things to happen for people because of language-learning, and where many of us were able to connect initially. I'm grateful for that. :)

Remember...do something nice for yourself today.

Return to “Random Thoughts”