Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Chinese sentence list

Moderator: PtolemysXX

bubness
Great Britain

Chinese sentence list

Post by bubness »

So a while back I was looking for the word list or the sentence list for the Chinese Duolingo tree and had no luck since I wanted to make some flash cards off the sentences in the tree. Instead I started manually copying them into a google document and now I have majority of the sentences (and all?) the words for the Chinese tree here:

I also have a screenshot of majority of the available English sentences here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... olingo.png

The English and Hanzi sentences are copy/pasted verbatim but the "Pin yin" was copied from google translate after inputting the Hanzi so could contain mistakes, the "Word for Word" column is my own interpretation of each word as it is shown in the Hanzi so will contain mistakes also.

The audio can be manually downloaded by using this site https://ttsmp3.com/text-to-speech/Chinese Mandarin/ for anyone wanting to make their own audio to add to flash cards but there are other available text to speech sites with better audio but require subscriptions.

The full list is 1507 sentences covering the 983 unique words on the Duolingo course, there are definitely more sentences in the tree but they are mostly different variations of the words and require repeat levelling so I don't have all those variations saved. There are 3 duplicate sentences but I can't remove them as it would mess up my audio file numbering so just be wary of that.

This may also be useful for someone going for the HSK exams https://gyazo.com/949985cd49df502e3410e8c56f44e56d All the HSK 1 and 2 words are in the tree but this table is matching exact case so it misses a few for example: 看见 is listed as 看 and 见 in Duolingo word list but the HSK vocab has it together. There are some HSK 3 words missing for sure though so this tree covers 100% HSK 1, 100% HSK 2 and missing 10-15 words from HSK 3

I might post a full anki deck which will include audio for each sentence but I need to go through the whole deck as I know for sure some of the audio files are in the wrong position some files would overlap when downloading and for example sentence 40 might have audio for sentence 41 and sentence 41 would have the audio file of 40, there aren't many but I'd rather find and fix before I post any deck as well as check for other mistakes.

Quick guide on how to turn the above google doc data into an Anki deck including audio files:

Last edited by bubness on Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
roy

Re: Chinese sentence list

Post by roy »

Impressive! Thank you for this!!

Native: 🇺🇸, Conversational: 🇨🇳, Learning: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🇬🇷 🇪🇸

Madame Sensei
Japan

Re: Chinese sentence list

Post by Madame Sensei »

This is extremely helpful. 射射你。

Return to “Resources”