Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duolingo forums have now been closed

Corinnebelle

Re: Duolingo forums have now been closed

Post by Corinnebelle »

Amlir wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:35 pm

The forum has been safely cut down, but there is still no noticeable or even any link, leading here, on the duolingo website. But it was expected that the link would already be there before the 22nd....Thus, the newcomers will not even know about this place. I hope something will be done about it. Otherwise, only oldies will be here :geek: .
On the other hand, it begins to seem to me that by preserving the academic part of the discussions, they meant the option when, if an error occurs, during the lesson, this very opportunity is highlighted, to poke at the discussion.... If they have acted cynically to such an extent, it is no longer in any gate :|.
Then, at least, no one will be surprised by the absence of a link there).

We can't even link to this place in the sentence discussions to show other grammar material that applies to that sentence from Duome.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

CaitNicRun wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:50 pm

Oh, and I think I found a quick fix to your image issue. Just edit the URL.

Would you demonstrate the code?

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

CaitNicRun
United States of America

Post by CaitNicRun »

Corinnebelle wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:40 am
CaitNicRun wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:50 pm

Oh, and I think I found a quick fix to your image issue. Just edit the URL.

Would you demonstrate the code?

That was hosted on blogger. It has a handful of default sizes: /s1600/DSC07782.JPG(full size), /s800/DSC07782.JPG, and a smaller one but I can't remember.
But /s200/DSC07782.JPG does work:

So any number might work? I've never needed to tweak it further than large and medium.

Image L5

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

CaitNicRun wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:02 am

So any number might work? I've never needed to tweak it further than large and medium.

Seems to.

Tj07
United States of America

Post by Tj07 »

When I tried to get on the Duolingo forums on the site, I noticed that all the posts were grayed out and could not be clicked on. This happened roughly at 9:30 AM on the 22 of March. I agree with all of you who were irritated about how Duo removed the forum before they said they would. I really enjoyed looking at the posts, and I was sad to see them go.

-Tj07

memer21928

Post by memer21928 »

RIP forums, thankfully this forum exists.

Deleted User 1414

Post by Deleted User 1414 »

It's possible that there were quite a few Duo forum readers. Me too, I was like that. However, I'm glad there was here.

Kelikaku
Israel

Post by Kelikaku »

Dictionary is now completely gone.
https://dictionary.duolingo.com/
Links to the main site now.

Thanks so very much.
Keep up the good work.

bs'd

Return to “Random Thoughts”