Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

How did you start learning the language?.

Essadon

Re: How did you start learning the language?.

Post by Essadon »

Steve579062 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:44 am

If your asking how, it was on the Drops app. If you ask why the is because of a woman. Or a man pretending to be a woman. I answered a spam email from someone supposed to be in Russia. I admit to making up a lot of false information. It was an educational few months. The lengths that some people will go to. I was never asked for money or assistance. Maybe it was a woman in Russia. I know her photo has been used in various scams.
After a spell with Russian I changed to Ukrainian. I even visited Kyiv in 2021. My main motivation is to keep my old brain working.

Enjoy your learning.

Chad af

Deleted User 7169

Post by Deleted User 7169 »

I originally wanted to start learning Russian because of cultural and family heritage reasons, then the war in Ukraine started and I decided to continue so I could have a better grasp of current world events.

wojcikr
United States of America

Post by wojcikr »

I am old and started learning Russian back in the 1960s, just after Russia had started putting up satellites and cosmonauts. Because of that, many high schools started teaching Russian courses, and I was lucky enough to be in such a high school. I very much wanted to learn Russian, so I was able to take three years of high school Russian and continued my studies after I got into college. These days, it is the foreign language that I am most fluent in, although I went on to become a professional linguist and have studied many languages. I use Duolingo to help maintain my fluency, since I don't normally have an opportunity to get frequent exposure to Russian.

RammyBucky
United States of America

Post by RammyBucky »

For Russian: One day I stumbled upon a "cheat sheet" for reading the Cyrillic alphabet. I thought the script just looked really cool, and I was surprised at how easy it was to read. So I looked more into the Russian language itself and fell in love with it! The grammar concepts Russian has are so interesting, I find the entire structure of the language fascinating. Slavic languages might be my favorite, over all.

For German: I haven't started to learn German yet, but I want to when I reach a higher level in my Russian -- because I was raised on little phrases of German and I'd love to know more.

Image Been studying the Russian language for 4 years now. Planning on learning German and Spanish in the future Image Image

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

@RammyBucky What sort of little German phrases? Maybe you can share them in the German forum. Even if you don't know how to spell them, the meaning would be interesting.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “Russian”