Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Discrepancy between Duolingo and DuoMe

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

Fnirk1
Sweden

Discrepancy between Duolingo and DuoMe

Post by Fnirk1 »

I have during the last year or so experienced an increasing issue between my Duolingo stats and the one displayed on DuoMe.
Well I have starting to get used to a day or so with cached data here on DuoMe, but recently it has turned to days in between updates.
The raw data seems fine, but the the activity stream has been broken for a almost a year - well it has registered some achievements, but far from all. (I have even had some extra false golden owls.)

I'm just a bit curious about the reasons...

I have always stayed public on Duolingo (due to my followers) and I have always worked on Duolingo daily - so I can't really figure out why.
Anyone experience the same or something similar?

:sweden: N :gb: C1 :ru: B2 :fr: :es:B1 :de: :it: :netherlands: A1

Saperlipopette!

Re: Discrepancy between Duolingo and DuoMe

Post by Saperlipopette! »

I've noticed it too. It must be the cache data issue that comes & goes -- there's no new entry on the Duome blog but what we're seeing now is how the issue typically manifests itself.

There's a workaround I've been using on Duolingo for schools. You cant use it to find out how other accts are cheating at leagues but you can use it to manage your own progress. In fact it gives you more details than duome.

1) it tells you if you worked on a story where duome puts it in a catch all

completed a Level of Janelle's Play
+28 XP Mar 19, 2022 6:19 PM

2) it tells you whether you've done general practice or checkpoint practice where Duome puts it in a catch all

practiced French
+22 XP Mar 19, 2022 6:09 PM

Rob from Bklyn practiced a Section in French
+10 XP Mar 19, 2022 4:10 PM

3) It gives you more details on the new lesson you completed:

completed Lesson 2 of Level 4 in Imagine
+20 XP Mar 20, 2022 12:59 PM

Its only available if you use Duolingo for schools. Alors, revenons à nos moutons ... it's probably the cached data thing.

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

About the false golden owls: I have reported this in the troubleshooting section.
It had affected many users. Thomas Heiss reported this and it has been taken care of within hours.
I've saved the thread: https://archive.ph/Yx81v

As for achievements not registered, I can confirm that DuoMe is often missing out on level-ups.
When accessing DuoMe, it usually updates the course you are currently working on. It may miss out on level-ups in any other course you had been working on. Several level-ups are missing for me; sometimes the 'level-up' on a given course jumps several levels.

In such case the correct (or at worst delayed) information in your 'languages list' does not rhyme with the information of your 'activity stream' where the level-up has not been registered.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

duome

Post by duome »

Of all the things that could go wrong and did go wrong.. is there anything apart from missing items in the activity stream that isn't fixed yet?

Activity stream entries are always estimated based on the previous state, so if you revisit your duome page daily, the timestamps would be more or less accurate; if a profile is on a longer update queue, there will be longer delays, activity stream timestamps would be off by days/weeks/... and some entries could be missing. That's because duolingo dos not serve such data so it's always a difference between now and then, and the timestamps are always now.

I could explain some other discrepancies but I would have to look into it for I may not remember it well by now. One of the nastier things that I do remember is when Duolingo stopped serving the "last streak" value (i.e lost streak, if any), but instead of simply removing it they replaced it with the "current streak" (making it a duplicate). That killed a lot of history data long before I knew it.

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”