Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Screen shots - make me screeeeeeeeam!

These Duome Forum guides have step-by-step instructions and screenshots on how to achieve the desired results. So read the relevant ones before you ask again.

dakanga

Screen shots - make me screeeeeeeeam!

Post by dakanga »

How do I post Images ? : The basics

There are times - when it is good to conquer the skill of taking screen shots. Duo has provided tips on how to take screen shots. But for some of us - our minds work in different ways. And we look at this explanation and think we are reading a language we do not now.

Here though - I am seeking to show it to you in a slightly different way. The explanations in the Duolingo Help file are thorough and correct. Yet with explanations, as well as often with other things, there are many ways to do things, including on the internet.

Firstly I will explain things for those that use windows.

Here is an explanation for people with Windows 7 :

• If you go to windows menu symbol (you know the logo of the colored windows :D )

Click on it.
![](https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/up ... J6MtDO.jpg)

Images thanks to www.howtogeek.com, check out the link below also for more information.

other ways to do this is to use other apps, such as :

On a phone:
"If you don't know how to take a screen shot, just take a picture of the screen with your phone and then upload that picture to your imgur account. The imgur account will give you a link of the picture. Just put that link here." ref by Jaye16: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/28580278

ps - I am also likely to return and spruce this post up. Excuse me as I edit things - trying to improve information and explanations.

Perhaps others may like to explain how to do this for other operating systems ?

dakanga

Re: [GUIDE] Screen shots - make me screeeeeeeeam!

Post by dakanga »

originally posted by Lrtward

On a MacBook:

Command-Shift-4 gives you a "crosshair" that you can use to drag and select the area of the screen you wish to copy. When you release your mouse to end the drag, the image is saved to your desktop with a file name like "Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 07.21.38 AM.png"

originally posted by samsheehy10

On a MacBook, Screen Shot: Command-Shift-3

originally posted by RufusWoodyIII

That does the whole screen. If you use Command-Shift-4, it lets you select a smaller area (and resulting file) for what to copy. Hope this helps ....
:-)>

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

originally posted by OmegaGmaster

For Linux - install Flameshot and/or Scrot. Flameshot allows you to make a selection to capture part of your screen, while Scrot does fullscreen screenshots.

nəvighsəqaat aat

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

originally posted by Error452

On a PC:

Window-PrtSc takes a picture of the screen

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

originally posted by JohnCholew

On Chromebooks, ▢|| (the "show all apps" key on the top row of the keyboard) captures the screen if you hold Ctrl, allows you to choose your capture region if you hold Ctrl+Shift, and captures the active window if you hold Ctrl+Alt.

On some (most?) Android devices, hitting Power and Volume Down keys at the same time will save a screenshot to a file.

On Linux OSes that use KDE for their default interface, the "PrtSc", or "Print Screen", key should open an app that captures the screen or a selected app or a screen region. Older versions of Windows use this key to copy the screen to the clipboard (or the active window, if you hold.... I want to say "Alt" while hitting it), and you just need to paste it into an image editor.

originally posted by ichang37654321

If you're using a Chromebook, it's ctrl, shift, and F6. (F6 is the square with the two lines beside it)

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

originally posted by --YN--

On an Apple LAPTOP, press ⌘(Command)+⇧(Shift)+5 to take a screenshot of a specific area/ video of your screen

Return to “Duome's How-to Guides”