Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Coming from the Duo OG site

Saoirse
Australia

Coming from the Duo OG site

Post by Saoirse »

Hi all,

I'm coming over from the DuoLingo OG site.

I'm working hard to learn Irish and enjoying it for the most, I'm day 80 - still a newbie :D

I'm looking for a study buddy from August onward or some place I can watch when people pronounce the words.

Maybe online videos maybe best but if you could suggest some such videos or if you're interested in being a study buddy please let me know. :)

In another life my name was:

Saoirse <3

Native: 🇺🇸; Fluent:🇺🇸 🇦🇺 ; Getting there: 🇳🇿; L23: 🇮🇪; L7: 🇺🇦; L6: 🇷🇺; L5: 🇪🇸; L1: Navajo

Gealach
Ireland

Re: Coming from the Duo OG site

Post by Gealach »

Dia duit a Saoirse, conas atá tú?!

If unable to link up with someone at your level this online audio course takes a novel approach.
It would be a good help for beginners as starts at the basics. The concept is that a teacher teaches two students and that's the recording.
Helps the listener progress/hear mistakes/hear corrections etc. and is good for listening as a podcast.
Again depends on your level but hopefully helps.

https://www.michelthomas.com/learn-irish/

Otherwise the Gaeilge Gan Stró books come with a CD and are very good. There is also an online course but it's very outdated e-learning.

Ag foghlaim go mall.

Survey on Learning Irish Online (for MA)
https://forms.gle/76rMMbF2ZbNnPLBWA

CaitNicRun
United States of America

Re: Coming from the Duo OG site

Post by CaitNicRun »

If you don't mind something a little dated, Now Your Talking is engaging and entertaining and will get you talking(at least to yourself) while you look for other people.

Youtube playlist (there are others and you'll have to hunt down the couple three missing videos, but these are the best quality:

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9I640I_ ... wiLNxm0qPJ

I'll embed the first one, and the do assume you are a rank beginner:

You'll be on your way in no time.

And welcome to the forums!

Image L5

Return to “Irish”