Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[ARCHIVE] What is "twig" in Hebrew?

Moderator: Corinnebelle

Corinnebelle

[ARCHIVE] What is "twig" in Hebrew?

Post by Corinnebelle »

James159332 wrote:

My question is quite a simple one. I am not sure what the word "twig" is in Hebrew. Different sources on the internet give different answers. Some sources say that is it "זרד" and some sources say that it is "זמורה". Which one of them is the correct one, or is neither of them correct?

With "twig" I mean a thin and light piece of a tree that can sometimes be found on the ground when walking in the woods, like the ones in the picture in this link:

https://daily.wordreference.com/2018/07 ... -day-twig/

I find in general that simple words like this can often be quite challenging to find a correct translation for, because when searching for one online, different sites give different answers and it makes it difficult for a Hebrew learner to know which one of the several translations one should use.

I have had this problem of not knowing which translation of a word to use before with other simple words. I am now asking about the word "twig" because I happened to stumble upon it in a vocabulary list containing forest-related words and after finding that other sources used other translations for it. So does anybody know what "twig" is in Hebrew?

Archive of comments

If you don't want this on here, please let me know.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “Vocabulary”