Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Requesting a language-specific forum

Ask, and we'll consider your request. Provide an accurate description of what you would like to do/have, and we'll consider implementing it, if this is technically possible.

holly2727

Requesting a language-specific forum

Post by holly2727 »

Hi Duome,

I see the current top-level categories are "duome.eu", "duolingo", and "sentence discussions". Would it be possible to add another category called something like "Language-specific discussion", and have forums below it for each language-pair? I would like to start copying over some of the most valuable discussion posts from the Czech-for-English-speakers forum, but I'd love it if they could all be categorized under a relevant forum, and I'll just make a new Topic within it for each useful thread.

You already have this for sentence discussions for the most popular languages -- what I have in mind is something very much like that, but for general language discussion. I think it will be chaos if everyone tries to archive their favorite posts under "random thoughts" or clutters up the Sentence Discussions.

If this is possible, would this topic be an okay place for others to request other language-pairs (if they would like to use the duome forum as a replacement)?

Thank you for spinning this up so quickly!

GdeB

Re: Requesting a language-specific forum

Post by GdeB »

First of all - thank you so much for setting this up so quickly, really hope this works out!

Secondly - I agree with the above suggestion.

My current most common use of / navigation within the forum is to the Spanish from English discussion board, for discussion around the Spanish course generally, and for general Spanish langauge questions and discussions that are broader or not covered by the Spanish sentence discussions, and it would be a shame for the utility of the spanish sentence discusssions to be mixed up with more general ones. My guess would be the same for many users / learners of different languages?

(plus the sentence discussions are the one bit that's staying as far as I'm aware?)

60yo

Post by 60yo »

Hello,

Very new to Duolingo and been looking around the forums for posts that would interest me before they're gone. Any chance of adding Chinese from English?

Thanks

4theAEsir
Great Britain

Post by 4theAEsir »

Thanks for setting this up and so quickly.

Japanese from English would be really useful

Learning :de::jp: Re-Learning Image

Today's mood is :?:

holly2727

Post by holly2727 »

Wow, I came back a few hours later and saw a TON of language-specific forums! And they're alphabetized!

Can I specifically request one for "Czech from English"?

I realize you likely started with the most popular languages first since they would likely get the most attention. But if I can avoid cluttering up the "Any Language" section with Czech-specific things, it'll be easier for everyone to find what they are looking for.

Thanks again for all your speedy work!

duome

Post by duome »

We'll figure out the structure along the way. Every suggestion is welcome )

Any language form English should be available now, including Czech (I just didn't have more time to add them all right away).

Sentence Discussions are now Language Discussions. We'll see if we really need anything for individual sentences, hopefully not, if duolingo sentence discussions do remain intact. It would be an awful lot of data otherwise...

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Some languages are not in alphabetical order, so they're easy to miss. Duome, can you please reorder them?

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

duome

Post by duome »

I could swear I did that yesterday...

Sorry.

Return to “Requests new Duome features”