Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[CURCL] This is how I got my CEFR level for Swedish

Basler Biker
Switzerland

[CURCL] This is how I got my CEFR level for Swedish

Post by Basler Biker »

Tell the forum community what your personal approach is to get to any of the CEFR levels for Swedish.
What was your plan, did you have a time-restraint or deadline, who helped you, what resources helped you in getting there, what were the bigger hurdles to tackle and how did you manage to overcome these.

Note that every post in this "Ideas" forum shall be tagged [CURCL] in front of the title.
And also in the posts under the "CEFR..." subforums.

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: [CURCL] This is how I got my CEFR level for Swedish

Post by Basler Biker »

Hej @Dana_Dany Danuta hur mar du?
Den här frågan är bara för att utmana dig ;-) att skriva din egen berättelse.
Om inte DL eller denna sida duome.eu, vilka andra medel använder du?
Så, vad är din läroplan för att uppnå en CEFR-nivå... Jag antar att du också lär dig andra språk?
Har du nagra personer i Sverige att prata med? Har du testat "Conversation Exchange"?

mvh

Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

After some DL Swedish, which I didn't even finish before I started using my own resources, I am now two years later (after very irregular periods of lazy learning) talking live to two native Swedes. I was very scared before doing so, thinking I would need hours (that's how long a few seconds feel whan you are in panik) before I could find words and pronounce them assembled to a decent Swedish sentence.

BUT ... it all went so well ... and they would rate me between B1 and B2 for speaking (an estimate by myself of my reading and understanding would even be higher... by self-study alone)

So this is the way to go

• a bit (and for sure not too much) of duolingo or any other tool
  • a lot of self-study using any of the so plenty resources found on this site or elsewhere
  • listening all-day long to P4-Stockholm
  • a set of good books (Hueber verlag, Intertaal, Assimil, ...)
  • setting up a duome-forum with Swedish material as my personal way to organize and store information
  • making my own tools for words and sentence rehearsal
  • setting my mobile phone to speak Swedish"
  • setting my computer to translate any shown language into Swedish Swedish
  • setting my GPS to talk Swedish
  • using google translator a lot in a forward and backward way - SE vs NL/DE/FR/EN
  • using some AI (but all AI's used so far are awfully bad in explaining grammar)
  • avoid English (or your mothertongue) as a fall-back in any situation, how difficult it may be, it forced your lazy brain to get actively searching for the things you did learn ...

And then - be mentally prepared to make the first chat with a native or flkuent speaker. it's important to choose a good partner: almost same age, patient, a good teacher but not necessarily a native (as most of them can't explain their own grammar either, whereas a teacher with swedish as second language can)

And once that very first chat is done, you're eager to have the next one already.

BB

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

Well done! Keep it rolling. Chinese people would say "jia you" (add oil) as encouragement. I'll paraphrase it and wish you to add some öl to celebrate. The Swedish öl, not the German Öl.

Return to “Idéer (Ideas)”