Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Activity stream on Duome stopped updating

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

Apsa25
Poland

Activity stream on Duome stopped updating

Post by Apsa25 »

Recently I've been using the activity stream on my profile page here on Duome page as one of the means to maintain my motivation - rotating courses in which I have relatively few points and each time I leveled up* in a given course I woulkd visit my profile to see a new line. And today after I leveled up and entered the page no new line showed up. So I did more lessons and leveled up once again. Tha date updated but no new line appeared.
So now I wonder if it's some kind of a bug, an update or maybe I reached maximum number of lines if there is such a limit?

• I mean the levels related to number of poits in a particular course, like L1 is from 0 to 59 px and you reach the highest L25 at 30000 px. You don't see it anymore on duolingo itself but this platform still keeps track of the old level system.
Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Re: Activity stream on Duome stopped updating

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

@Apsa25

Which course (language pair) specifically?
You have a lot of languages listed on L25 (max 30,000 XP) or some others on lower levels.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Apsa25
Poland

Post by Apsa25 »

Portuguese from French.
Yesterday I started with around 3800 px, when I passed 3900 xp I entered my profile on Duome and it showed I had let's say 3908 px, so 8px over L12 but no new line. It made me wonder so I did more lessons reaching 4904 px and refreshed the profile on Duome - the data updated, I'm on L13 now but no new line in the activity stream.

duome

Post by duome »

I will have a look

Apsa25
Poland

Post by Apsa25 »

duome wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:41 pm

I will have a look

Still not updating :(
Edit: for the record, I also checked the page after leveling up in another course (Hawaiian) and on different device. The data are up to date, but no new line appeared in the activity stream.

Enzfj2
Ukraine

Post by Enzfj2 »

duome wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:41 pm

I will have a look

Here in the Dutch from English course I have 17 crowns and Level 9
but 0 (zero!) crowns in the summary table
and Activity stream stuck on Level 7

duome

Post by duome »

Activity streams are on hold at the moment (I'm working on it)

For some weird reason Duolingo does indeed think that you have zero crowns in Dutch.

Summary table reflects the values reported by Duolingo while in the upper right block the amount of crowns is being recalculated by duome based on how many skills you actually completed to which level - most of the time this value would be lower than what Duolingo thinks because it doesn't include any "extra" crowns from the skills you once completed but later on they were removed from the system - Duolingo serves these extra crowns as a separate parameter, but it's not accessible without a password, if I remember it well.

If at some point Duolingo abandons crowns entirely, like they did with some other numbers (levels?), it would only be possible to "recalculate" those values based on other data served in our extended profiles.

Enzfj2
Ukraine

Post by Enzfj2 »

@duome
Now I see the crown count is fixed.
Was it you who did it or (unbelievable!) Duolingo?

duome

Post by duome »

Unbelievably yes, it was them )

Apsa25
Poland

Post by Apsa25 »

duome wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:05 pm

Activity streams are on hold at the moment (I'm working on it)

How it's going?
Finishing a tree did show up on my tree, but levelling up still doesn't.

Btw, I haven't written it before, but I really adore all the statistics available to see on duome!

jbhann3
United States of America

Post by jbhann3 »

Noticed it stopped updating all my language activities back in May of 2023

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

The refresh button in DuoMe (with subsequent page reload) works well to complete the Raw data graph and to get the correct streak length.

That is as far as it goes.

• The XP total differs by about 10.000; Duolingo being more generous. Your XP total by language is readily visible in DuoMe. For Duolingo it requires accessing the languages TAB in your profile. If you happen to learn a language from two teaching languages, only the larger XP total is listed. Where comparison is possible, the XP language totals in DuoMe match those in Duolingo.

• Whereas DuoMe mentions the lingots and gems I ought to have, Duolingo only lists the gems I really have, which are more than 10.000 less. I would gladly exchange the extra 10.000 XP for 10.000 gems.

• One last comparison is the league seniority which is 142 weeks in Duolingo. The DuoMe total has been standing at 131 weeks for over two months now.

Finally there are the items which are no longer comparable:
DuoMe still lists crowns, which Duolingo has left aside. Sad, since crowns used to say more about what you have learnt than inflated XP totals.
DuoMe also lists the general strength of the active course (you last worked on). This is a performance measure that predates the crowns. Imho is has become completely obsolete.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”