Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Browser tab text Topic is solved

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

gmads
Mexico

Browser tab text

Post by gmads »

Shouldn't the title of this site be, Duome Forum, instead of Duolingo Forum? It's been more than a year now ;)

<head>
<title>Duolingo Forum - New posts</title>

:hash:  ㆍenglish ㆍgeneral ㆍduolingo ㆍduome

🦎  Amazonia is now becoming a carbon source.  🦎
Elysium - Master of the rainforest

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

gmads
Mexico

Re: Browser tab text

Post by gmads »

Ok, this is what I mean:

duome-forums-not-duolingo-forums.png
duome-forums-not-duolingo-forums.png (46.54 KiB) Viewed 261 times

These forums are certainly related to those of the green own, but only that, related.

Deleted User 4833

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

Well, they're forums about Duolingo.

I am a moderator on a forum about the output of a certain company, but we have a disclaimer on the bottom of all pages on that forum along the lines of:
"This forum is for fans of ___________, and is not endorsed by ____________, or any other organization discussed within. Links to our forum from other websites do not indicate our endorsement of, or cooperation with, those sites."

I don't know if something like that is needed in this case. It would be up to @duome, I'm guessing.

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

I am just bringing up the fact that this is not a Duolingo forum as it does not belong to them. This is an independent forum. Yes, related to, or about Duolingo, but not owned, nor managed by them. If anyone were to see this in a very strict sense, using the name of another company/organization could easily be taken as a form of clickbait ;)

Deleted User 4833

gmads wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:41 pm

I am just bringing up the fact that this is not a Duolingo forum as it does not belong to them. This is an independent forum. Yes, related to, or about Duolingo, but not owned, nor managed by them. If anyone were to see this in a very strict sense, using the name of another company/organization could easily be taken as a form of clickbait ;)

I wouldn't worry about it being seen as clickbait so much as it being seen as using someone else's intellectual property. Which is why we have a disclaimer on the forum I mentioned in my previous post.

In what way is it clickbait?

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

JudieLC wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:43 pm
gmads wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:41 pm

I wouldn't worry about it being seen as clickbait so much as it being seen as using someone else's intellectual property. Which is why we have a disclaimer on the forum I mentioned in my previous post.

In what way is it clickbait?

It could be taken as a form of clickbait in the sense that people might register in here to ask for some specific help from DL or to complain to DL about a particular situation when in many cases no one will actually be in a position to help them beyond telling them to go and write directly to DL because this forum is not owned nor managed by DL. We've seen a few threads and posts like that.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion. Nothing to die for ;)

Deleted User 4833

People in fact do seem to register here to ask for some specific help from DL or to complain to DL about a particular situation. And each time the moderators direct them to a way to send their feedback, complaint, or need for help directly to DL.

I'm not sure that renaming the forum would change that, but it might. :)

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”