Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Rating Posts

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Rating Posts

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

How do you rate posts? Also: If we’re going to allow people to rate posts and topics, would it be a bad idea to show who rated what and how much?

🇺🇦

Julian_L.
Argentina

Re: Rating Posts

Post by Julian_L. »

There is a thumb button at the top right of the comments.

:argentina:N :it: Image

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

I don’t have that. I have a thumb option to thank someone but I still don’t see how to rate…

🇺🇦

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

As Julian said, you have the thumbs up button, right next to the quotation marks. The more thumbs up, the better the rating.

I'm moving this post to Troubleshooting, if that's all right with you.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 🇮🇹 🇳🇱 |

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Ah!! So that’s how it works. How confusing. So posts that appear poorly rated are actually highly rated because they have thumbs ups attached to them? Yes, I appreciate you moving it to troubleshooting. Thanks!

🇺🇦

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

That's right, as I understand it. A low percent rating does not mean that the post is poorly rated, which is a bit confusing if you ask me.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 🇮🇹 🇳🇱 |

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Thumbs up seems to be the option to rate or "thank" a poster.

How are ratings calculated, by the number of views versus thumbs-ups? If you have any rating at all it is probably because some gave a thumbs up.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

am not sure where to post this.

My x is gone , to delete a post ( comment ) I just made. Is there a way to get that back, please. I realized my comment is in the wrong section.

Oh, I just noticed the little red gems are gone , when thanking someone for their post in here.

Thank you

Last edited by Meli578588 on Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Meli578588 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:27 pm

I am not sure where to post this.

My x is gone , to delete a post ( comment ) I just made. Is there a way to get that back, please. I realized my comment is in the wrong section.

Oh, I just noticed the little red gems are gone , when thanking someone for their post in here.

Thank you.

Hi Meli! How are you?

You can't delete your posts after a certain time or after someone replies. If you want you can remove the text in the post, or I could delete it or move it for you, if you let me know where you want it.

Corinne

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

If this is in the wrong area , you can move it. 🙂

Last edited by Meli578588 on Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

I am okay. Thank you [mention]Meli578588[/mention]!

I saw your post it is not necessarily about languages, but it does go with the topic at hand. [mention]HeyMarlana[/mention] is the moderator there. She can delete if she finds it off-topic.

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”