Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Write the lyrics, guess the theme

MatOzone
Catalonia

Write the lyrics, guess the theme

Post by MatOzone »

We can use this language forum to find those songs we listen to, but don't know its authorship. If we post a link to the theme, together we can write its lyrics, and it will probably lead us to its composer.

I search for the first theme in this 1997 VHS tape from Sony UK (minutes 0 to 2, aprox)...

Thank you!

I fully support 🇺🇦!

NATIVE: ImageㅤAlso: Image Image Image ... and some others... Duolingo Course Data.

gmads
Mexico

Re: Write the lyrics, guess the theme

Post by gmads »

It seems that the person that posted the video has just solved it!

Updated 2023/03/31: I found the instrumental base!

https - links universalproductionmusic com slash mRwyJ3

Track Title: Symbols
Composers: Michael Moises Conn [PRS] 100%
Publishers: Atmosphere Music Ltd. [PRS] 100%
Album: Lush Ambient
Catalogue Number: ATMOS108
Track Number: ATMOS108-7
Labels: ATMOS
German label code: LC 08510
ISRC: GB-AXQ-98-10807

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

Shazam?
But recorded music is easy to find. The hardest to find is the earworm that you know but cant remember and you spend weeks annoying friends and family by humming the tune badly and insisting that:

"but you must know it!

John661162

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

John Little wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:07 pm

Shazam?
But recorded music is easy to find.

Not always, as I have been able to experience, either because it is a rather old song or because it is a piece of classical music. I'd guess this would also happen with a lot of other genres. So, I'd rather say, "contemporary pop music is easy to find" :)

Antinomy - Imagination

Davey944676
Great Britain

Post by Davey944676 »

@John Little , @gmads I suppose for an earworm you don't know the name of you could hum the tune on one of those recording sites and post it on here.

I can't find or remember the name of such a site now, but people often used to use it on the Duolingo forum - they would record themselves reading something out in their target language, post the link on the forum, and ask other users to listen and rate them.

Somebody will know the name of a site. :)

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Davey944676 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:29 pm

@John Little , @gmads I suppose for an earworm you don't know the name of you could hum the tune on one of those recording sites and post it on here.

I can't find or remember the name of such a site now, but people often used to use it on the Duolingo forum - they would record themselves reading something out in their target language, post the link on the forum, and ask other users to listen and rate them.

I don't know of any site, but try with the usual smartphone assistants (e.g. Google).

Anyway, I just searched a bit and found the following:

Antinomy - Imagination

Jacko079
United States of America

Post by Jacko079 »

Here’s the site that everyone used on DL: https://vocaroo.com/

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Jacko079 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:27 am

Here’s the site that everyone used on DL: https://vocaroo.com/

That one was a very popular one at the Italian course in FutureLearn.

I see now that I misread Davey's post as I interpreted his request to be for a site which could find a song based on what one hummed, hehe…

Davey944676 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:29 pm

Antinomy - Imagination

Davey944676
Great Britain

Post by Davey944676 »

You did enlighten me though, @gmads - I didn't get what John Little meant by "Shazam?" until I looked at your links, and I had no idea that there were such sites available. :)

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

Return to “Random Thoughts”