Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Jeg vet at du står bak dette. Topic is solved

Moderator: SansEspoir

weerwater

Jeg vet at du står bak dette.

Post by weerwater »

Is there any chance that this could mean more than just the physical standing behind, and that "you are supporting it"?

fremanolas

Re: Jeg vet at du står bak dette.

Post by fremanolas »

weerwater wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:32 pm

Is there any chance that this could mean more than just the physical standing behind, and that "you are supporting it"?

Yes, that should be right. At least in Swedish (någon står bakom någon/något) and in German (hinter jmdm./etw. stehen) it has exactly this meaning of supporting so/sthg.

EN :de: :netherlands: :sweden: :es: :fr: :norway: :taiwan:

liv
Norway

Post by liv »

I think seeing this sentence by itself I understand it to mean: I know you are the cause of this... ....

I would not think it is about a phyiscial space at all. Det word "dette" is the problem. Left by itself I do not think it can be physical.

I may say... Jeg vet at du er bak der if I was talking about physical space

weerwater

Post by weerwater »

liv wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:58 pm

I think seeing this sentence by itself I understand it to mean: I know you are the cause of this ...

Wow, it's so rewarding to get a native view on DL things.

I'm looking at this sentence in a way I really didn't think of before.

Thank you, Liv and Fremanolas

Return to “Norwegian (Bokmål)”