Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Vietnamese Resources ☆ FREE Courses

SheTuti
Switzerland

Vietnamese Resources ☆ FREE Courses

Post by SheTuti »

From 🇨🇭 Bilingual 🇨🇵 🇮🇹 Proficiency 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 Advanced 🇻🇳 Learning 🇫🇮 🇪🇦 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Graciela

Re: Vietnamese Resources ☆ FREE Courses

Post by Graciela »

Wow! I've heard of Memrise, but didn't realize it was free and community created. My one question is how do you find the time to do both?

When I first started with Duolingo, I was doing Spanish, which I had studied in junior high and high school, so I was familiar with it. It would take me about 10 minutes a lesson. That was some of the appeal--Duolingo made it so easy that it was fun, and I was picking up new words and grammar very naturally.

But when I switched to Vietnamese, it takes me about 40 minutes for a lesson (reading the discussions, looking up words, practicing the pronunciation, etc.) because it's all new to me. And because it is a less developed course, it doesn't go as slowly. Not as much fun.

Then they shut down all the beautiful interactive community support. Drag. Duome tries, but people scattered, and it's not right there, and it's just not the same. So thank you for being here (though your post was a year ago, and I'm not sure if you are still here).

Return to “Vietnamese”