Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Italian Word Count Not Increasing

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

syraahmad

Italian Word Count Not Increasing

Post by syraahmad »

I'm having the same issue as some others where my word count isn't increasing - is this related to the new path update or something else? I've done a lot of lessons but still hasn't updated a week later.

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Re: Italian Word Count Not Increasing

Post by SweNedGuy »

Please check with the word list of @Dakanga. For Italian from English, the maximum number of words/lexemes is 2784. I guess you reach that number even before getting to the end of the path.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

syraahmad

Post by syraahmad »

@SweNedGuy I don’t understand what you mean? I haven’t learned that many words yet.

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

I have no idea of how the path is organized. Perhaps there are units where no new vocabulary is introduced, but only repeated.

When there was the tree, the number of new words for each skill was well tabulated. Now it looks like a mess, but the further on the path, the less frequent new words are, I have the impression. I never started any course using the path.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

FurbyZeKat
Switzerland

Post by FurbyZeKat »

syraahmad wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:38 pm

I'm having the same issue as some others where my word count isn't increasing - is this related to the new path update or something else? I've done a lot of lessons but still hasn't updated a week later.

There was a time where Duolingo showed learned words, but I don't know if this information is still visible. I think that if your profile is public it is not shown, but it could be the case if your profile is private.
So my first question is: where do you get your word count?

If it's about the word counter that is used for the scholar achievement, it is (was) the highest word count of all your languages, not the sum of all languages.

According to duome you have learned around Italian 845 words on 2784, but you've already learned 2374 words in German, that is your highest word count which is displayed on your profile, you can only increase that counter by learning new German words, or learn more than 2374 Italian words.

If you wrote about the duome word count, that is another story...

N French C1 English B2 German B1 Esperanto L Turkish

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”