Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

The Candidate

Debbie Lane
Italy

The Candidate

Post by Debbie Lane »

I'm getting really frustrated with DuoLingo. Surely "The candidate" can be either masculine or feminine? DL marks "Il candidato" as wrong and only accepts "La candidato"

gmads
Mexico

Re: The Candidate

Post by gmads »

Debbie Lane wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:44 am

I'm getting really frustrated with DuoLingo.

Patience, my friend. You better change that, since it's going to be a long, very long way to the end of the course, and this type of situations happen more often than one would like.

Debbie Lane wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:44 am

Surely "The candidate" can be either masculine or feminine? DL marks "Il candidato" as wrong and only accepts "La candidato"

This is Duolingo's bread and butter :(

The only thing to do is to remember which exercises demand a fixed answer and move forward —don't think any more about this. Yes, it's a drag having to memorize not only fixed answers, but also wrong or absurd answers.

By the way, it is "la candidata" ;)

🦎  Amazonia is now becoming a carbon source.  🦎
Elysium - Master of the rainforest

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Debbie Lane
Italy

Post by Debbie Lane »

Oops, I should have checked my typing before posting. Of course it is la candidata. I'm actually nearing the end of the course, Unit 51. Patience is not my strong point😌

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Debbie Lane wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:13 am

I'm actually nearing the end of the course, Unit 51. Patience is not my strong point😌

Well, this quite surprises me quite because therefore you must be more than familiar with the whole set of absurdities of the crazy green owl. I get you though, it's really exhausting and frustrating not only having to deal with all the bugs, inconsistencies and limitations, but to have to do it lesson after lesson and year after year because the course is basically neglected.

Mhh… since you are about to finish the course, I am not sure I agree with you: patience is needed to finish a course ;)

🦎  Amazonia is now becoming a carbon source.  🦎
Elysium - Master of the rainforest

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Debbie Lane
Italy

Post by Debbie Lane »

:D patience or stubborness

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »