Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

188881 XP

Saperlipopette!

Re: 666667 XP

Post by Saperlipopette! »

I tried, I did a ten xp lesson and missed the last question twice, but they still gave me ten XP. The number of the beast was not in the cards

Français facile

Last edited by Saperlipopette! on Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gmads
Mexico

Re: 666667 XP

Post by gmads »

Saperlipopette! wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:32 pm

The number of the beast was not in the cards

Not just the number, but a double number!

🦎  Amazonia is now becoming a carbon source.  🦎
Elysium - Master of the rainforest

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Corinnebelle

Re: 188881 XP

Post by Corinnebelle »

464, my longest streak! I lost my streak, but I ended it on a memorable day, not on purpose, but maybe this is better than 500?

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Congratulations 🎈🎉 🎈@Corinnebelle ! Great job ! 👏 🎈🍦

Mine is still stuck on duome, but at least it shows on Duolingo.🙂

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Corinnebelle wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:52 am

464 my longest streak! I lost my streak, but I ended it on a memorable day, not on purpose, but maybe this is better than 500?

Why a memorable day? Yes, 464 looks much better than 500!

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hi, @Corinnebelle!

🎊 Congratulations! 🎈 🎉

I like these numbers, and this "6" is proudly flanked by two "4" guards.
I wish you another 464 days of continuity and keep it up! 🙂

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

Corinnebelle wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:52 am

464 my longest streak! I lost my streak, but I ended it on a memorable day, not on purpose, but maybe this is better than 500?

You mentioned this in another thread where you said you didn't do any duo at weekends. That will teach you!

John661162

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

@Dana_Dany Danuta @Meli578588 Thank for the congratulations! @gmads 464 is fancy compared to 500.

@John Little I do better with a break!

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Olav
Norway

195195 XP second time

Post by Olav »

2023-05-12.png
2023-05-12.png (325.21 KiB) Viewed 4282 times

Cool?

gmads
Mexico

Re: 195195 XP second time

Post by gmads »

Olav wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:37 pm

2023-05-12.png

Cool?

No, not really, but… extremely cool! :D Congratulations!

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Hi, @Olav!

Congratulations! 🎈🎊 🎉
Those three repeated numbers 195 and 195 look nice - I like the final result! 🙂

Olav
Norway

200002 XP

Post by Olav »

Cool?

Attachments
2023-06-08.png
2023-06-08.png (317.09 KiB) Viewed 4218 times
gmads
Mexico

Re: 200002 XP

Post by gmads »

Olav wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:48 pm

Cool?

Very! 👍🏽

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

HI, @Olav!

🎊 Congratulations! 🎈🎉

Yes, yes, this is a very cool result! ;)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

@Olav That must of taken skill! Congratulations! :)

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Olav wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:53 am

French from English course:

• L0 skill level
  • 90/245 skills completed
  • Crowns 348/1390 (from screenshot; Duome now shows 373 crowns on your cached tree) completed

You've opted for several Legendary skills.
When have you started with learning French? On the old tree?
Are the 34 L6 skills from the path (L4+L5 crown sessions) or from the new path (3 levels + Legendary)?

I know why I did not want to start with the EN->FR course :-) It's ultra-long. Almost way too long.
My Portuguese course had 69 skills and 406 lessons in 2016/2017. Was able to complete it within one year. Then I practiced for another six months when the tree update hit me in summer 2018 which expanded our Portuguese tree to 91 skills and 463 lessons.

I only have started this year on the older Android app to go for the more difficult grammar- and verb tense skills and level from up from L2/L3 crowns.

I'm curious: Why do you have skipped the Past tense 2-4 skills?
You can't see those L2 (max L3) grammar skills anymore on the new path, right?

On Busuu I've completed the French A1 course with 102 lessons within one year.
I've already touched the Passé composé.
Last six months I've been doing reviews and have restarted the whole A1 course block-wise in the hope to pick up more vocabulary, same examples, audio, dialogues, better understand videos and reading given texts.
Not so easy....I tend to forget more quickly than I can review blockwise :-)

Busuu French A2 course: I could finish the first 38 lessons but now I'm stuck at this Productive speaking/writing (Developing fluency) lesson which would get posted to the community hub.
Don't want to do it. Had opened support tickets at Busuu but there's obviously no way to continue with lesson 40-54 without being a Premium user and using the old Android app. I guess the new Android app won't even support this as a PremiumPlus user, like I found out on the Web portal with the latest layout changes in Nov/Dec 2022.

Not sure if I can stand the cartoon voices on Duolingo but I have plans to start with the PT->FR and DE->FR courses (old trees) on the old Android app.
Maybe I open a new thread in the French learning sub forum to ask how I shall do with the EN->FR CEFR course with 1.0-1.5 years of French under my belt.
And if I shall test out every French skill, checkpoint (speaking about the old CEFR tree) or path unit (Web).

The remaining Busuu A2 course (106 lessons) would give me a lot of new grammar aspects, but you need to be a Premium(Plus) member to access dedicated grammar lessons/quizzes on the old Android app.
Maybe the new Web portal has changed this as well that you can access them by watching ads. This might only work for normal French lessons, not grammar tips/quizzes.
Not sure if I can handle it without any fundamental French knowledge.
Busuu is often so quick paced and their dialogues, videos or texts are designed for a different difficulty level, not a TRUE French beginner.
So I guess it is pretty normal on that teaching format that you get stuck easily for the x times somewhere in the middle.

I think to focus on the French grammar aspects I'm much faster with the other two FR Duolingo courses and maybe using the Android app Dr. French grammar university in parallel.
Definitely need to start writing down some difficult French grammar aspects.
Or at least to print out the DE-FR and EN-FR (volunteer tree3) html formatted Web Tips&Notes and read them while jumping through the EN->FR course.

All this tapping and clicking on my Redmi Note 10 Pro smartphone by Xiaomi (nice SuperAmoled/Oled screen with 1300nits brightness outdoors for the sun) is much faster than how I have learned Portuguese on Duolingo (and Memrise+Mondly+50languages) exclusively on the Web portal with a Laptop and hardware keyboard (but two broke down).

As I said, I might open a new French thread anyway, but what do you think for the first sections and your current 90 skills experience:
Would it make any sense for me to jump skill/unit wise (tree vs path) and not doing all lessons/path levels sequentially one by one?
Would I miss out too much vocabulary as a FALSE beginner?

As Busuu was so quick paced, I would be glad to catch up with some vocabulary and phrases more slowly with Duolingo (and Memrise; have already started daily Mondly French lessons).

You guys seem to be doing all path level by level, skill by skill, pushing up to L6 Legendary crown levels very early on.
I counted 60 skills on the old tree up to checkpoint 3 (CEFR A1).
28 more skills in section 4 till checkpoint 4 (A2.1).

I've done a lot of re-strengthening exercises for the first 40-60% of my PT tree in 2017.
Somehow it was good to only have one completion level.
The crown update in 2018 migrated several skills to L2 while my full tree was finished already, some to L3 but not too many.

What do you think how many years it will take you to learn French on Duolingo with that EN->FR CEFR course? :-)

I've seen your uploaded screenshot with the cool XP numbers so thought it would be a good idea to jump in here. Not sure if and when I will open a new French thread.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Saperlipopette!

699999 XP

After a double XP timer, I was at 699984. So I went to the app for a dumbbell lesson (10XP flat) and a story (5XP).

App

duome

gmads
Mexico

Re: 699999 XP

Post by gmads »

Saperlipopette! wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:43 pm

After a double XP timer, I was at 699984. So I went to the app for a dumbbell lesson (10XP flat) and a story (5XP).

Just beautiful! Congratulations!

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Hi, @Saperlipopette!!

💫 Congratulations on your great score! 🎈🎈🎈

These five nines accompanied by one six look just adorable! I like it! 🙂

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

Screenshot_20230725-094206-868.png
Screenshot_20230725-094206-868.png (279.51 KiB) Viewed 3868 times

Just noticed my score this morning. Another pelendrome ( "palindrome")

Last edited by John Little on Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

John661162

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

@John Little Nice score!

Olav
Norway

188881 XP second time!

Post by Olav »

Cool?

Attachments
2023-07-27 (2).png
2023-07-27 (2).png (78.21 KiB) Viewed 3807 times
gammel rev
Norway

181181 XP

Post by gammel rev »

Cool?

Attachments
2023-10-19.png
2023-10-19.png (99.33 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
2023-10-19.png
2023-10-19.png (99.33 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
gammel rev
Norway

233332 XP and 2002 days!!

Post by gammel rev »

Cool?

Attachments
2023-11-06.png
2023-11-06.png (71.16 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
Saperlipopette!

777777 XP

After accepting a timer from my Friend Quest partner and doing some practice, I found myself at 777703 XP.

I did a grammar lesson, intentionally missed a question, and got myself at 77717. Perfect! I now had a clear route to the promised land.

By the way, I did these lessons before midnight. Duome messed up the timer on Marathon Sunday.

gmads
Mexico

Re: 777777 XP

Post by gmads »

@Saperlipopette!

777777… beautiful! Congratulations!! 8-)

gammel rev
Norway

Re: 777777 XP

Post by gammel rev »

Great!

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Hi, @Saperlipopette!! ... a little late, but sincere congratulations!!! 💫 ✨ 💫

Oh, wow! These six sevens ☆ 777777 ☆ look wonderful! 🙂

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

I’ll join the party 🎉, please , this one time with 7’s.
I got a triple 777💫today , but not XP’s. Couldn’t find the right page..
7’s are actually, pretty. 🙂

Jaruna Cimrman
Czech Republic

Post by Jaruna Cimrman »

Although I have no reason to brag, because I spend very little time studying in lessons.
For about 1 year, I've been keeping a consistent streak of days and XP earned. And I also
regularly participate in league competition, so that the number of weeks in the diamond
league corresponds to the number of days.

Stats today : streak 1034 - 103400 XP - 103 weeks in diamond.

This is a statistic on Duolingo, on Duome it is a little different because the number of weeks
in the league is no longer tracked. It froze at 97. The XP count is also different because
Duolingo took 125 XP from me and I had to get it back. But it is displayed correctly on Duome.

Attachments
Snímek obrazovky 2023-12-31 103140.png
Snímek obrazovky 2023-12-31 103140.png (91.87 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Last edited by Jaruna Cimrman on Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Native: 🇨🇿 | Learning: Image Image Image 🇩🇪 🇮🇹 🇵🇱 | My favourite: Image and Image |

Darujte úsměv, je zdarma, ale v dnešní době má cenu zlata. Je však nutné zvednout oči od mobilu a podívat se na lidi okolo sebe. 😲 😀 |

Return to “Achievements”