Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[WELCO] Välkommen till "Träffpunkten" ( Meeting Point )

Basler Biker
Switzerland

[WELCO] Välkommen till "Träffpunkten" ( Meeting Point )

Post by Basler Biker »

Välkommen till "Träffpunkten" ( Meeting Point )

Syftet med detta underforum är att låta människor ta kontakt. Duome tillåter personliga meddelanden (PM) men det får inte missbrukas. Så här är regeln:

• En användare som söker kontakt för att öva svenska, antingen i skrift eller i tal, kan meddela det här.
  • en annan intresserad användare kan skicka ett PM till författaren av inbjudan.

Att avslöja personlig information i själva inbjudningsinlägget är förbjudet, och i så fall sker det på egen risk, eftersom vem som helst här kan börja spamma dig.

Duome ansvarar inte för detta.

BB - Basler Biker

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

segwyne
United States of America

Re: Välkommen till "Träffpunkten" ( Meeting Point )

Post by segwyne »

Vilken bra idé! Jag skulle gärna öva med andra, men jag behöver att man talar långsamt till mig. Jag har Audio Processing Disorder och i bland även min moderspråk kan jag inte förstå. Och jag talar långsamt också, eftersom jag tänker standigt om vad jag vill säga.

Jag bara vill säger att på engleska, vi brukar säger Meet and Greet. Tvärtom låter konstigt.

Native :us: Intermediate :sweden: :es:

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

segwyne wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:36 pm

Vilken bra idé! Jag skulle gärna öva med andra, men jag behöver att man talar långsamt till mig. Jag har Audio Processing Disorder och i bland även min moderspråk kan jag inte förstå. Och jag talar långsamt också, eftersom jag tänker standigt om vad jag vill säga.

Jag bara vill säger att på engleska, vi brukar säger Meet and Greet. Tvärtom låter konstigt.

Exakt/Precis! Jag vände på det. För i Meet and Greet ser man säga en VIP-person live, så man träffas och hälsar på varandra. Här i Greet and Meet - 2 personer hälsar först, säger vad de vill, och i ett PM söker kontakt. Det är där de möts då ;-)

So it's on purpose ! (and when it "hurts" someone severely, then we can still change it... ;-)

BB - Basler Biker

Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

segwyne wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:36 pm

... men jag behöver att man talar långsamt till mig...

Var bara tillräckligt exakt när du ställer in dina krav och förväntningar på en livechatt (eller till och med bara en ljudchatt)
Just be precise enough in specifying your expectations, so people reacting on your "invite" know beforehand.

BB - Basler Biker

konstig

Post by konstig »

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, I should probably point out that "Hälsa och träffas" doesn't sound very good in Swedish. First of all, in the case of meeting and greeting people, "hälsa på" is the equivalent Swedish expression, and it of course requires an object. Hälsa, without på, usually carries the meaning of "send my regards." Secondly, if I'm not completely mistaken, combining two verbs in this manner is not very common, and the fact that one of them looks like it is in the imperative (hälsa) and the other in the present tense, makes it even stranger. On a side note "hälsa" can also mean "health," which, being a noun, would be a more natural word to put in the name of a category of this kind. For example "hälsa och fritid" or "hälsa och motion."

So far I haven't been able to come up with an alternative name. I mean, you could always call it "mötesplats," "språkutbyte," "träffpunkten" or something similar, but perhaps another native speaker has a better idea. Using an actual expression, like meet and greet, would probably be ideal.

Native speaker of Swedish, reluctant user of English, passionate student of (Mandarin) Chinese, occasional reader of German, casual participant in the green owl's French class.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

konstig wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:53 pm

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, I should probably point out that "Hälsa och träffas" doesn't sound very good in Swedish. First of all, in the case of meeting and greeting people, "hälsa på" is the equivalent Swedish expression, and it of course requires an object. Hälsa, without på, usually carries the meaning of "send my regards." Secondly, if I'm not completely mistaken, combining two verbs in this manner is not very common, and the fact that one of them looks like it is in the imperative (hälsa) and the other in the present tense, makes it even stranger. On a side note "hälsa" can also mean "health," which, being a noun, would be a more natural word to put in the name of a category of this kind. For example "hälsa och fritid" or "hälsa och motion."

So far I haven't been able to come up with an alternative name. I mean, you could always call it "mötesplats," "språkutbyte," "träffpunkten" or something similar, but perhaps another native speaker has a better idea. Using an actual expression, like meet and greet, would probably be ideal.

indeed, it's strange, and I'll change it to "Träffpunkten"/"Meeting Point" if you are OK with that.
Give me some time...because if I change the topic title, then the reply posts still have "RE: <old title>" :?

BB - Basler Biker

Return to “Träffpunkten - språk och kultur”