Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duolingo showing two different lingot numbers

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

uralicnomad
Hungary

Duolingo showing two different lingot numbers

Post by uralicnomad »

Greetings all..

Was just wondering if anyone had noticed having two different sets of lingot values when using the web version. I don't really keep an eye on them, I'm assuming that with the last update maybe they severed the info from the forums ?? But also, I hadn't been notified of a new follower and the lingot rewards for every ten days are not coming across either.. I've enclosed snapshots.

Apologies in advance to mods if i've placed this in the wrong area :) ..and please don't laugh at me for using windows, i need software for work that will only run on it :(

Attachments
--Untitled.png
--Untitled.png (185.4 KiB) Viewed 306 times
---Untitled.png
---Untitled.png (176 KiB) Viewed 306 times
Saperlipopette!

Re: Duolingo showing two different lingot numbers

Post by Saperlipopette! »

Notifications were removed from the website with the new website changes at the beginning of February. They also removed the verbiage about you getting the ten percent lingot award, but the last time I checked, I got the award.

I do believe that someday Duo will put a stop to that ten percent award because they removed the verbiage about it. 5 days ago I got 151 lingots for a 1510 streak, so I still got the award the last opportunity I had to check. There's no notification, but lingots were incremented.

As for the different totals I can only give a vague answer because I can't recreate the problem. Sometimes I'll receive the daily lingots award and my lingot count will be incremented by the award. It's anywhere from 1-5 lingots. Sometime later on I'll check and find the lingot total displayed in the web dropped down to the original amount at the start of the day. It was as if I didn't get the award. Then I might find myself not getting the daily award for a few days, then suddenly, they'll all come back and be displayed in the lingot count.

It appears that is what is happening in your case due to the amount of the discrepancy. The member in the right is two less than the pop up box, and that's a typical daily award.

For these types of errors you should report them through Duolingo's Bug report form. My experience there is they never get back to me but they fix things that I report if I can give them precise details on how to recreate the error.

I wrote more about the new website changes here but I think I've told you enough here so you don't have to go there.

I've also asked Duo in bug reports for an accounting ledger on lingots so we can give more accurate & precise details on bug reports. I'm sure we'll get that quand les poules auront les dents.

buho

Post by buho »

uralicnomad wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:35 pm

and please don't laugh at me for using windows, i need software for work that will only run on it :(

lucky you! I was just getting my pitchfork ready. :p
though I'm wondering what kind of walled-garden-friendly software you're working with. Adobe?

uralicnomad
Hungary

Post by uralicnomad »

Saperlipopette! wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:53 am

I do believe that someday Duo will put a stop to that ten percent award because they removed the verbiage about it.

I'm going to have to agree with you about putting an end to the ten percent reward because I haven't received those in a little while, which i was hoping to stay around as it would let me pass onto finishing the legendary parts of the course. I'm not interested in throwing money to them since the snake came into play.

uralicnomad
Hungary

Post by uralicnomad »

buho wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:39 pm

though I'm wondering what kind of walled-garden-friendly software you're working with. Adobe?

It's nothing exciting, just a requesting/tracking/lodging thing for supervisors/contractors that is so clunky it feels like it was written with Ruby on Rails or the modern day equivalent, nothing so spicy to involve such big names.

Return to “Duolingo”