Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

What is an Insider ? Topic is solved

TIEB62
France

What is an Insider ?

Post by TIEB62 »

I've seen the "Insider" thing on an account together with a globe icon in a profile (Evan Edinger) and a Google Search,
well,
seemed find nothing except weird financial things about actions and DUOL

eI000yo

Re: What is an Insider ?

Post by eI000yo »

Hello everyone!
Hello [mention]TIEB62[/mention]!

I remember that Duolingo created that Global Ambassador category to recognize some users for an extraordinary collaboration, for example, the organization of a club in a school.
I also think there was an article about Global Ambassadors at https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us but Duolingo removed it.

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

This explains it more

https://www.ilovelanguages.com/duolingo ... o-insider/

Becoming a Duolingo Insider gives users access to exclusive content and features that are not available to the general public. For example, Insiders have access to exclusive lessons, forums, and events. They also receive special discounts on Duolingo merchandise. In order to become a Duolingo Insider, users must first sign up for a Duolingo account. Once they have done so, they can then upgrade to a Duolingo Plus subscription. Duolingo Plus subscribers have access to all of the features of Duolingo Insider.

John661162

TIEB62
France

Post by TIEB62 »

Thanks

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Insiders have access to exclusive lessons, forums, and events.

Lessons:
To be honest with you, the Android V5.52.5 app gives me exclusive access to dedicated Portuguese grammar- and verb tenses and 5+1 crown levels (old tree).

Forums:

Well, staff deleted Duolingo community forums in April 2022, so that Faq excerpt doesn't seem to be updated.

Maybe they now invite their Insiders somewhere else (FB private group like Educators??), but even they don't get asked about any early feedback for any removed (Alpha) functionality like Web typing / toggle keyboard option: viewtopic.php?t=9837

How could any functional tester or BETA user then miss out this badly implemented code change on the Web from 12. February 2023 (or earlier) which also seems to behave differently on various Firefox Nightly versions (mobile vs desktop) vs Chrome Dev?

If you want to be among the remaining Elite users you better create a Duome account here :-)

You can try to apply for the restricted Patreon sub forum access if you want to feel somewhat special and you're in for sponsoring to appreciate all the coding work Maxime has done for us or to help cover server- and bandwidth costs.

A Duolingo Insider only has that green ring.
A Duome Patreon (monthly) membership www.duome.eu/patreon also supports golden, silver, bronce or other "Special Tier" rings around your avatar on the Duome.eu/USERNAME page to stand out from the 315k registered SHOF and 141k Alumni members.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

buho

Post by buho »

I was a Global Ambassador, which you refer to as globe icon, as I contributed to a language on Duolingo.
We were given a slack channel and a private forum.duolingo.com to collaborate on courses. there was also this incubator.duolingo.com where we added lessons, exercises, translations, resolved issues raised by alpha testers, and so on.

Then pandemic came and Duolingo got money.
They ceased voluntary contributions(gave us time of few months to wind up), sent a duolingo trophy and some money for our contributions, and an opportunity to become official, paid course contributor.

After this I never heard from anyone else.
Oh, and the status(if you hover on globe icon) changed from "course contributor" to "trailblazer".

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

I think insiders were like global ambassadors, they maybe had a big streak and a lot of followers and some sort of other influences that stuck out to Duolingo. So they gave them special perks. Never been one to know what they were.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

-_-Broly-_-
Sudan

Post by -_-Broly-_- »

hi how do you know what is a insider in duolingo because @christi3 has it i think because this person has 3868 days of streak i dont know when was duolingo made but yea

Last edited by eI000yo on Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved here, I only changed the subject.
ennyduo2013
Vietnam

Post by ennyduo2013 »

Giải thích giùm insider trong duolingo là gì giùm mình vứi, mình là thành viên mới :cry: :cry: :cry:

Return to “Random Thoughts”