Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Did Duo just kill off the direct links to the old tree?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Re: Did Duo just kill off the direct links to the old tree?

Post by DaliborNovy »

When everything is done, I suggest to set the best design of the old Duolingo. E.g. this:

The bars would be the values from the XP per Skill (4 weeks) graph and colors would change based on the number of days it hasn't been practiced. On the right, there may be the variants of easier lessons in columns of small "junior - child - baby" icons.

It would be very nice, don't you think? We can suggest other old Duolingo designs and vote for them.

Native: 🇨🇿ㅤ Learning: 🇺🇸 🇫🇷DuomeDuolingoDuoBooster

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

gmads wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:13 pm

I might end up creating a simple web page for the eng→ita course.

This new file is version 1.1.

gmads wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:28 pm

[…] I noticed (at the eng→ita course) that topics are scattered throughout several units […]

Scattered lessons (topics) are now grouped under a new section.

duo-text-snake_230222.png
duo-text-snake_230222.png (33.17 KiB) Viewed 3595 times

Attachments
dl-eng-ita-text-snake_230222.zip
(10.91 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

st1led
Norway

Post by st1led »

duome wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:37 pm

@st1led , is it ok now?

I checked now and it looks like we're getting closer! All dots under the skills are now duplicated and appear twice (probably a glitch in the script). However, the units at the beginning of the Norwegian course look correct, e.g.:

• Introduction -> 1-1, 1-4, 2-5
    Who? What? Where -> 1-2, 2-2, 2-9
    Greetings -> 2-1, 3-7, 2-5
    Actions -> 2-6, 3-4, 3-9

Then I checked a few down the tree and they seem off:
Verbs: infinitive seems to be the first presenting the issue, and also the first where this "duplicate glitch" has a different behavior. It maps to 18-5 (twice) 19-7 (twice) 20-1 and 20-2. 20-1 should map to the following unit (Vacation). From this point on there's a few misalignments pointing at either a wrong unit or a unit that's not there (replaced by a chest).

Hope this helps, please reach out if you need further testing!

Deleted User 4833

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

My dots stopped working again as of a day or two ago. Trying to decide if I care. I was mainly launching off Duome to do legendary and can’t do that anymore in any case.

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

Unfortunately, I have very bad news. At least about CS <-> EN courses, I don't know about the others. I had DuoBooster autonomously do both whole Snakes twice. Once with making mistakes and once without. Then he was doing separate lessons (/lesson/unit/XX/level/Y) for several days. Also alternately with and without mistakes. I have found that all the lessons he did were kind of messed up. During all the time, he only found a little more than half the sentences which the old skill Tree contained. When practicing a level repeatedly, the content of the lesson changes minimally. Maybe the snake's new "AI" is to blame.

So it means if they don't fix it, Duolingo is unusable for us. Because doing the old Tree skills (like /skill/cs/Reported/practice) is not possible now. They were very varied and changeable in comparison.

UPDATE: See: viewtopic.php?p=57294-did-duo-just-kill ... ree#p57294

Last edited by DaliborNovy on Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

[mention]DaliborNovy[/mention]

So you or DuoBooster is seeing less content?

Here is my theory (wildly guessing) about higher crown levels and the crowns chain difficulty (sentences might have moved up based on user errors):

viewtopic.php?p=43491#p43491

I'm not 1000% sure, as I have not implemented their crowns code and how easy vs difficult sentences are picked and filtered for lessons, but it somehow would make sense.

What do you think? Do you agree?

Q: How does the Duome.eu/USERNAME/progress page and skill crowns look like when DuoBooster moved through all later units which are reserved for personalized practice?

What is the max crown level without Legendary?
L3 before or L4-L5 after remaining "Personalized practice" units?

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

[mention]JudieLC[/mention] I suppose, if you don't have lingots, you have to do a legendary unit for free using this URL pattern:

https://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/X/level/Y

Where X is the unit you want to make legendary and Y is the maximum level of the unit + 1

After completing the lesson, just refresh the page for the next legendary challenge. If you want, try it. It's surprising that Duo keep this option. I thought they blocked direct skill links to prevent similar things and make Super accounts more advantageous.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Well, that "/lesson" is a direct path URL link, not a skill link.
Old tree skill links indeed are rendered useless as staff patched their web code on 13. February 2023 and removed all URL matchings (or the whole JS code), so you now only get empty Web pages if you try to enter direct skill Urls from the old tree design.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:00 pm

@DaliborNovy So you or DuoBooster is seeing less content? ...

Unfortunately, both of us. I registered less content after they blocked the direct skill links and it was the reason I let Booster do the Snakes and save all the content.

I assume, you're right. When I made that profile public (it wasn't due to the contest), Duome shows all the skills golden and on 3 crowns, of course. It's the max crown level, even with the Snake Legendary.

During the weekend, I'll let the Booster to do lessons of unit levels on my account which has all the Tree skills legendary. I know it's not fair, but I don't care anymore, Duolingo is dead. Then I come back and say the result.

It's terrible what Duolingo has done. Does anyone think they would repair it? Where to complain that anyone would read it and mainly think about it?

Deleted User 4833

DaliborNovy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:06 pm

@JudieLC I suppose, if you don't have lingots, you have to do a legendary unit for free using this URL pattern:

Where X is the unit you want to make legendary and Y is the maximum level of the unit + 1

After completing the lesson, just refresh the page for the next legendary challenge. If you want, try it. It's surprising that Duo keep this option. I thought they blocked direct skill links to prevent similar things and make Super accounts more advantageous.

I don't think that work around works anymore.
And legendaries launched from my Duome progress page were never "free". Although they didn't take lingots at the start of the lesson, I noted that the usual number of lingots that you pay for a legendary was deducted after I completed the lesson.
I wasn't really that concerned about doing legendaries for "free" anyway. I have lingots. And someone said that when you run out of lingots you can still do them for "free" though I haven't tested that.

I just liked launching off of Duome cause it would turn the levels on my Duome page blue. :)

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

OK, I got it. Yes, using the old URL pattern (or Duome) in the past and also the new one now, it was/is free only when you don't have lingots. I've tested it now.

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

[mention]Thomas.Heiss[/mention] I don't think it's the reason. During the whole night, he only found one new sentence. I suppose it was just a coincidence that he didn't get this sentence with the test account with 3 crowns. And he worked very hard, although I have artificially slowed him down. You can see the RAW data - https://duome.eu/DaliborNovy . Moreover, I have set the profile to private, and now I see I'm still in the league. I have been receiving messages about my progress in the rankings. I can't even apologize to those people. I'm going to switch him back to the test account.

The result: With the Snake, you can get a bit more content only when you are making a unit to Legendary. However, you won't get all the content and you cannot repeat it without resetting the course and taking the last checkpoint. Then you can do Legendary again. But if you have lingots and don't want to spend them all, only Super would help you. I'm going to test if the Legendary lessons will be different the second time around. There are only 620 lingots on the test account. At least it's good that he can work for free then.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Hopefully the people from the League don't complain to staff and open abuse reports for scripting.

I don't know this script/extension, but sounds like it goes through the whole course (skills/lessons/units/ automatically.

Maybe you should have switched the main account to PRIVATE before enrolling into the new week.

People don't like it much when users accumulate a lot of surreal XPs in short time (no delays, tracked timestamps within seconds).

Forgot to tell you that scripting can get your (main) account banned if people complain, sorry.
Was firstly not on my mind when I wrote here.
So make sure you do all those non-standard tests with Duome tracking deactivated and without enrolling into public Leagues.

My thoughts were last days on other stuff and finally getting my second online banking account working with the new mobile PushTan processing.

Hopefully nothing bad happens.
Or write to staff and at least ask for League points deletion.

SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

gmads wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:05 am

Creating a database, entering lots and lots of sentence pairs, categorizing them, developing the code and designing a good-looking interface.
Who says "me?"

I have plenty of time, sadly not skills.... But I hear there's a duo-like place for programming, so give me a decade or two? 🤣

DaliborNovy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:48 pm

It's terrible what Duolingo has done. Does anyone think they would repair it? Where to complain that anyone would read it and mainly think about it?

Sadly, no. On the duolingo discord server, someone did the math of users in the App/Play stores who have changed their reviews to 1 star. And that's sadly only about 3% of users. They speculated that it might be a calculated loss.... And thus, their mantra of "only a vocal minority" might be right. I wonder if this vocal minority were the ones who used to pay, though. I certainly hope so.

DuoMe Profile Learning 🇮🇹/Image + 🇩🇪, with the most focus on 🇮🇹 for now.
Working on repairing the 🇳🇴 🇸🇪 🇩🇰 Legendaries after the 2023 updates, but not sure how to complete it all since I'm out of gems due to refusing to pay for the Snake :mrgreen: as long as a kind soul keeps me in their family plan Image

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

Thank you, [mention]Thomas.Heiss[/mention], but I don't care about my Duo account anymore. Sure, if they don't fix it. I'm just sorry I can't apologize to those participants in the league round. Yes, after taking a look at duome, I immediately set the test account back to private.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

AFAIK (have seen or tested it yself with other accounts before) people can usually visit your profile on Duome despite you set it to PRIVATE on Duolingo.

Location and About-me fields are gone on Duolingo, so there hardly is a way after the refresh to tell Duome to respect privacy.

There were too many hackers (new accounts) and old (real) hacked Duolingo accounts and the fields have been misused.
So staff decided to remove them.

The new (same for the old one) reset course page JavaScript/Html is really very bad and doesn't ask for a second email confirmation and doesn't even say the course (language pair) you selected for deletion.

We can't really protect our Duolingo account and it doesn't seem like staff is bringing back the two profile fields and edit functionality.

Could be hundreds of hacked Duolingo accounts...

duome

Post by duome »

We can still handle Duome privacy through the Full Name field

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

[mention]Thomas.Heiss[/mention] Yes, I've also already encountered the non-functionality of the "private" mode. Fortunately, this test account works - immediately after disabling "Make my profile public", his data aren't visible on Duome and the profile isn't visible on Duolingo. And he's not in the league - I verified it. This is the main thing.

[mention]duome[/mention] Thanks, it was the reason. The Full Name field wasn't filled in on the account that didn't work.

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

Anyway, today Duolingo put a big dot to all of it. WORD BANKs can no longer be disabled for the translation direction to L1 on the web. So Duolingo is really no longer usable for us. Not only because the reverse course is indispensable. The word banks are very unwieldy, especially on the web. It's much better to type normally when you have a normal keyboard and when you want to learn something.

Maybe it's for the best, we don't have any dilemma anymore.

Elena278692

Post by Elena278692 »

DaliborNovy wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:09 pm

Anyway, today Duolingo put a big dot to all of it. WORD BANKs can no longer be disabled for the translation direction to L1 on the web.

https://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/1/level/1 (the first lesson in the course)
10 minutes ago:

Screenshot_2023-02-28_050130.png
Screenshot_2023-02-28_050130.png (18.4 KiB) Viewed 3100 times
Deleted User 4833

Yeah, I'm still getting a keyboard option on the web.

The lesson I just tried on the app offered me the word bank only.

Elena278692

Post by Elena278692 »

https://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/1/level/1 (the second lesson in the course)
5 minutes ago:

Screenshot_2023-02-28_052147.png
Screenshot_2023-02-28_052147.png (71.67 KiB) Viewed 3098 times
Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

viewtopic.php?t=9837-unable-to-use-my-k ... stop-using mentions the subject of the keyboard.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

Thank you all. It appears to be an A/B test. The problem is only for the translations in the direction to L1 (to the native language). The word bank can't really be disabled for these tasks. I wrote a complaint, I believe it won't take a long time. And sorry for the OT comment, albeit partially.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

DaliborNovy wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:20 am

Thank you all. It appears to be an A/B test. The problem is only for the translations in the direction to L1 (to the native language). The word bank can't really be disabled for these tasks. I wrote a complaint, I believe it won't take a long time. And sorry for the OT comment, albeit partially.

Seems to be the same for me. I could type in Hebrew but not in English, kind of annoying to switch back and forth. Might be good for the app, but not the website.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

DuoBooster has just finished the analysis. It looks like Duolingo is still usable. Using the Snake Legendary level unit lessons repeatedly, you can really get the whole original content. And it will also help them who can't write in their L1 now (only has the word banks). There is almost no translation to L1 in Legendary lessons now (after the change about a week ago). But what if you already have the Snake blue? There is a solution. You can use the direct URL's I mentioned above:

Where X is the unit you want to make/repeat legendary and Y is the maximum level of the unit + 1

E.g. for English from Czech they are (68 unit path):

UnitDescriptionURL
1.Naučte se základy, mluvte o zemíchhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/1/level/5
2.Seznamte sehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/2/level/10
3.Mluvte o své rodiněhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/3/level/11
4.Naučte se přítomný čashttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/4/level/10
5.Poznejte přátele na večírkuhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/5/level/10
6.Popište své koníčkyhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/6/level/10
7.Objednejte si v restauracihttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/7/level/10
8.Vyprávějte o mazlíčcíchhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/8/level/11
9.Diskutujte o jídle a pitíhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/9/level/10
10.Mluvte o vztazích, komunikujte na cestáchhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/10/level/10
11.Řekněte, co kdy dělátehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/11/level/11
12.Mluvte o oblečení, naučte se vyjádřit čashttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/12/level/10
13.Mluvte o létáníhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/13/level/11
14.Popište dění v hotelu, mluvte o městěhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/14/level/10
15.Povídejte si o školehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/15/level/11
16.Konverzujte během rande, popište věci v kancelářihttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/16/level/10
17.Mluvte o trzíchhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/17/level/11
18.Diskutujte o narozeninách, popište stěhováníhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/18/level/10
19.Mluvte o zdravíhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/19/level/11
20.Vyjadřujte se o přírodě, hovořte o svém městěhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/20/level/10
21.Mluvte o dovolenéhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/21/level/11
22.Hovořte o nakupováníhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/22/level/10
23.Mluvte o sportech, debatujte o prácihttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/23/level/11
24.Naučte se průběhový čashttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/24/level/10
25.Hovořte o hudběhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/25/level/11
26.Konverzujte o počasí, mluvte o výletechhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/26/level/10
27.Debatujte o domácích pracechhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/27/level/11
28.Vyjádřete se k jazykůmhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/28/level/11
29.Hovořte o dokumentech, mluvte více o rodiněhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/29/level/11
30.Naučte se minulý čashttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/30/level/11
31.Naučte se základyhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/31/level/11
32.Mluvte o jídlehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/32/level/11
33.Naučte se více sloveshttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/33/level/11
34.Ptejte se na otázkyhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/34/level/11
35.Naučte se předložky, používejte slova týkající se časuhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/35/level/11
36.Mluvte o zaměstnáníhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/36/level/11
37.Používejte přídavná jménahttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/37/level/11
38.Poznejte další slovesa, používejte příslovcehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/38/level/11
39.Mluvte o místechhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/39/level/11
40.Diskutuje o předmětechhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/40/level/11
41.Hovořte o lidechhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/41/level/11
42.Mluvte o cestování, naučte se zájmenahttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/42/level/11
43.Používejte číslahttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/43/level/11
44.Mluvte o vzdělávání, vyjadřujte minulosthttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/44/level/11
45.Používejte slovesa, procvičujte minulý čashttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/45/level/11
46.Mluvte o abstraktních věcech, porovnávejte věcihttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/46/level/11
47.Naučte se předpřítomný čas, mluvte o činnostechhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/47/level/11
48.Poznejte předminulý čas, vyjadřujte abstraktní věcihttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/48/level/11
49.Naučte se zvratná zájmena, mluvte o příroděhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/49/level/11
50.Používejte tvary -ing, mluvte o sportechhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/50/level/11
51.Hovořte o umění, popisujte komunikacihttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/51/level/11
52.Diskutujte o zdraví, naučte se budoucí čashttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/52/level/11
53.Diskutujte o politicehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/53/level/11
54.Vyjadřujte se vědecky, poznejte předbudoucí čashttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/54/level/11
55.Mluvte o obchodováníhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/55/level/11
56.Mluvte o vlastnostechhttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/56/level/11
57.Mluvte o vlastnostech, řekněte, co by se bývalo stalohttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/57/level/10
58.Procvičování na míru / Personalized practicehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/58/level/10
59.Procvičování na míru / Personalized practicehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/59/level/10
60.Procvičování na míru / Personalized practicehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/60/level/10
61.Procvičování na míru / Personalized practicehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/61/level/10
62.Procvičování na míru / Personalized practicehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/62/level/10
63.Procvičování na míru / Personalized practicehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/63/level/10
64.Procvičování na míru / Personalized practicehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/64/level/10
65.Procvičování na míru / Personalized practicehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/65/level/10
66.Procvičování na míru / Personalized practicehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/66/level/10
67.Procvičování na míru / Personalized practicehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/67/level/11
68.Procvičování na míru / Personalized practicehttps://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/68/level/12

If you have already finished the Legendary level of the unit, you will get a "Challenge" instead. But these lessons are very similar to Legendary and also show the whole original content when you do them repeatedly. I was surprised at how hard the basic course could be for me. It's even better than the old Tree skill lessons. @duome, I think it would be very useful to add these links under our skill Tree at https://duome.eu/YourUsername/progress . It could be called Legendary / Challenges (hard unit revision lessons) or something like that. Maybe they could be under (right) the related skills as different (purple) dots/icons instead. But I think it would take a lot of work and the effect wouldn't be worth the effort. It would be confusing. Anyway, for CS<->EN courses, I will add them to DuoBooster. I have a vague idea that he would show their strength - how often which unit was practiced. But I don't know if I can make it.

The "Challenges" are similar, but still a bit easier and more often include translations to L1 and also nonsensical vocabulary tasks. If you want to get rid of them and get really hard lessons, you can reset your course, complete the very last checkpoint (jump here) and then do real Legendary units again. This is especially suitable if you have few lingots. When you spend them, you can do it for free using the direct URL's. This has the great advantage that you study in peace, without worrying about losing blue hearts. Resetting the course also provides the possibility to see what to do. I recommend taking the first one or two Legendary lessons of all units you want, then the second...

However, since there is now almost no translation to L1 in Legendary and Challenge lessons, it can't be used with reverse courses. I have again asked Duo to allow students to choose the ratio, but I don't believe in success. For now, we can study content of our basic courses that we haven't seen for months, maybe years.

About the contest - these lessons are for 40XP so maybe it's a bit unfair. But I think, everybody can do it. And, the quality of study is what matters. EDIT: XP from Challenge lessons launched in this way are now not counted to the league. So now it's perfectly fair. I set my profile to private and deleted my Full Name in Duolingo, so I'm not in the league but still see my https://duome.eu/YourUsername/progress page. EDIT2: Deleting the "Full Name" in Duolingo does not help anymore, so you have to decide whether you will practice Challenges that week or normal lessons from the skill tree on Duome (big icons = "HARD" lessons on the Path). And set the profile to private or public accordingly.

UPDATE: See: viewtopic.php?p=57294-did-duo-just-kill ... ree#p57294

Last edited by DaliborNovy on Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

DaliborNovy wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:50 pm

But what if you already have the Snake blue? There is a solution. You can use the direct URL's I mentioned above:

Or you can simply click the blue circles and practice them for 5 XP.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

EranBarLev wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:58 am

But what if you already have the Snake blue? There is a solution. You can use the direct URL's I mentioned above:

Yes, but this way you only get very simple lessons, moreover with vocabulary tasks and translations to L1. And even if you repeat them fifty times, you will only get about 60% of the original course content.

See viewtopic.php?p=43608-did-duo-just-kill ... ree#p43608

It applies at least for CS <-> EN courses. However, complaints from other students suggest that it is similar for other courses.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

DaliborNovy wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:46 am
EranBarLev wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:58 am

Yes, but this way you only get very simple lessons, moreover with vocabulary tasks and translations to L1. And even if you repeat them fifty times, you will only get about 60% of the original course content.

This is weird. It looks like the blue circles take me to the same URL as the direct links. How can the exercises be different? :?

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

[mention]EranBarLev[/mention] You must use this URL pattern:

Where X is the unit you want to make/repeat legendary and Y is the maximum level of the unit + 1

You can get the maximum level of the unit if you start practicing the last circle in the unit. In the address bar you will see e.g.: https://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/53/level/11

When you change the URL to https://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/53/level/12 and press ENTER to confirm, you will get the Legendary/Challenge lesson. This particular case applies to the Czech course. You have to create your own URL list for your course.

Return to “Duolingo”