Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Welcome to duome forums

The Duome Team uses this forum to announce new features, new forums or forum structure changes, developments going on, and other matters you should be aware of.

O.Zoe
Greece

Re: Welcome to duome forums

Post by O.Zoe »

When I reply to people's questions on SDs, I usually share links of older posts that contain detailed information of what they've asked. So, if we share links from Duome forum on Duolingo's SDs, then people could find about it. For example, if someone asks how an indirect question is formed in English, one could answer to them and, at the end of their post, tell them that there's a similar discussion on Duome with examples.

Obviously, the links should be relevant to the question asked and not random sharing/promoting of Duome forum. :)

🇬🇷 N :gb: C1 :de: B1 :it: A1

CaitNicRun
United States of America

Post by CaitNicRun »

superessedi wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:26 am
Corinnebelle wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:55 am
fedes16 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:11 am

Hello everyone!

Great to see this being done, thanks everyone responsible :)

Are there any plans to make this a general language learning forum at some point? I imagine that the number of people finding this place (the forum, or Duome in general) will decline after the Duolingo forums close.

How will Duolingoers find this forum after the Duolingo forum closes?

Good question. If you google Duolingo forums, Google still does not seem to find Duome forums. But, I think it will get better in the future.

It's even more concerning than that. Google anything about Duolingo forums being removed/discontinued/whatev. Very sparse results, most of them Duolingo. It's as if they're managing their SEO to keep the news of the forums shutting down quiet.

Of course it could be just a side-effect of a default to manage ALL information about Duolingo. Regardless, the consequence is people will have trouble even finding the Discord and Reddit spin-offs( < typing 'Discord' and 'Reddit' might actually help...don't laugh).

A gentle suggestion is to spread the non-spammed, URL linked, word on social media and other platforms.
And the admin might want to double check their own settings for the website to make sure a reasonable number of search engine bots can spread the word. 8-)

Image L5

MatOzone
Catalonia

Post by MatOzone »

Also webmasters can add links to this forum, like I did on "Duolingo Course Data" at

https://ardslot.com/duolingocrowns.html

("You are welcome to the forum: Duome's Forum")

I fully support 🇺🇦!

NATIVE: ImageㅤAlso: Image Image Image ... and some others... Duolingo Course Data.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

CaitNicRun wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:24 pm

It's even more concerning than that. Google anything about Duolingo forums being removed/discontinued/whatev. Very sparse results, most of them Duolingo. It's as if they're managing their SEO to keep the news of the forums shutting down quiet.

Of course it could be just a side-effect of a default to manage ALL information about Duolingo. Regardless, the consequence is people will have trouble even finding the Discord and Reddit spin-offs( < typing 'Discord' and 'Reddit' might actually help...don't laugh).

A gentle suggestion is to spread the non-spammed, URL linked, word on social media and other platforms.
And the admin might want to double check their own settings for the website to make sure a reasonable number of search engine bots can spread the word. 8-)

Google's bot has already visited. There was another one, but that was a pernicious advertising one.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Duoisawesome
Hong Kong

Post by Duoisawesome »

Great!
Since Duo forums will be gone within a month. :cry: :cry:
So this will be a great replacement and a new start!

c.elise.t
Netherlands

Post by c.elise.t »

Glad I found it, now I don't have to be too sad to see the forums at duolingo go..

🇳🇱 N 🇬🇧 C2 🇫🇷 B2 🇨🇳 A2 🇬🇪 A1 🇻🇳 A1

Tina1
Great Britain

Post by Tina1 »

Thank you so much for creating this! Gutted to read the news over at Duo only this morning of the discontinuation of the forums.

Olgainna
Ukraine

Post by Olgainna »

Сегодня я пришла на этот форум. Интересно.

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

Olgainna wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:33 pm

Сегодня я пришла на этот форум. Интересно.

ласкаво просимо! Serdecznie witamy! Welcome!

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

blmage
France

Post by blmage »

Hey everyone! And thanks so much to @Duome for providing us with a fallback solution that is arguably better than the original :D

karopapier
Scotland

Post by karopapier »

Hi everyone! I was never super active on the Duolingo forums and only today found out they're closing - really happy there's a replacement, and one that already looks better than the original! I'm very excited to get going here.

Deleted User 114

Post by Deleted User 114 »

Welcome karopapier!!

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: 998, 999, 1000 Registered users

Post by Basler Biker »

And user no. 1000 is ... Lily77429

Welcome !

Since its start on 2022-02-10 that is an average of 18 new registrations per day.

No. of registrations the past 2 weeks.

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: Users Posting vs Forum Observers

Post by Basler Biker »

It's too early for large number statistics, but here is the trend so far.

Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Deleted User 279

Post by Deleted User 279 »

Ahh.... good that you're keeping an eye on the proceedings BB! I wonder if some of the registered but inactive users are still waiting for their confirmation email?

I realise this glitch is now fixed, but if they'd enrolled earlier maybe they're still unaware they can just log in?

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

yes, thank you duome I am happy that i found a place for my duolingo forums because of duolingo app forums going away

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

so i have a question everybody on here is or was or will be using duolingo

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

-Paul77- wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:54 pm

Ahh.... good that you're keeping an eye on the proceedings BB! I wonder if some of the registered but inactive users are still waiting for their confirmation email?

I realise this glitch is now fixed, but if they'd enrolled earlier maybe they're still unaware they can just log in?

A reminder has recently been sent to all inactive accounts. So we may see them coming in, or not. ;-)

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

BrianEngst1 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:29 pm

so i have a question everybody on here is or was or will be using duolingo

I guess most do, but every language lover is welcome! Using Duolingo isn't required. ;)

N :de: - B2 :us: - Beginner :ru: (Busuu: B1) - :netherlands:

Ro8
Argentina

Post by Ro8 »

Hi!!! I've just read about this forum in duo, just after having noticed Forum there is going to disappear :(
I'm an Spanish native speaker but I manage with English language, and I am learning Danish because I think it is a beautiful language!
Thank you for building this site!

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Ro8 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:41 pm

Hi!!! I've just read about this forum in duo, just after having noticed Forum there is going to disappear :(
I'm an Spanish native speaker but I manage with English language, and I am learning Danish because I think it is a beautiful language!

Welcome. There are many forums here, and you may participate in all, but here are those probably most of interest to you

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

Ro8 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:41 pm

Welcome ~ ¡bienvenido! There is a section with Spanish-language discussions here: viewforum.php?f=57 (general discussion) and here: viewforum.php?f=12 (specific language discussions).

EDIT: [mention]Basler Biker[/mention], great minds think alike, we posted basically the same thing at the same time. :lol:

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

Ro8
Argentina

Post by Ro8 »

Thank you both!

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Basler Biker wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:52 pm

A reminder has recently been sent to all inactive accounts. So we may see them coming in, or not. ;-)

Recently came across a friend of mine on Duolingo unable to log in. It appears there may still be a problem?

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:44 am

Recently came across a friend of mine on Duolingo unable to log in. It appears there may still be a problem?

It should be OK now. Was inactive since March 2nd or so. Must be still an issue with the sending of the duome activate your account mails. Can you contact this user and ask to try again?

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

System wide announcement on Duolingo

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Basler Biker wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:53 pm

Does anyone know exactly when they close? Like March 22 12 am or 12 pm.

Glad they finally put out an announcement. People were still chiming that they didn't know yesterday.

CaitNicRun
United States of America

Post by CaitNicRun »

Corinnebelle wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:36 am
Basler Biker wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:53 pm

Does anyone know exactly when they close? Like March 22 12 am or 12 pm.

Glad they finally put out an announcement. People were still chiming that they didn't know yesterday.

If I was to guess, it's less obvious on the app. There isn't much space after all...which was why the out of control animations weren't so hot....

Image L5

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Basler Biker wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:44 am
Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:44 am

It should be OK now. Was inactive since March 2nd or so. Must be still an issue with the sending of the duome activate your account mails. Can you contact this user and ask to try again?

I left them a message on Duolingo. I was thinking about posting a post on Duolingo asking people if they have had problems signing in and to tell them to try again.

Could you clarify the user is supposed to sign in again or to try to activate again? Thanks! No doubt you read my link that says they had emailed the administration as well?

J.C.M.H.
Columbia

Post by J.C.M.H. »

Hello, everyone. I have just registered in duome forums.

Juan Carlos

Return to “Announcements by Duome”