Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Welcome to duome forums

The Duome Team uses this forum to announce new features, new forums or forum structure changes, developments going on, and other matters you should be aware of.

5yioJ94B
Italy

Re: Welcome to duome forums

Post by 5yioJ94B »

duome wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:33 am

I added a "global" announcement visible to all guests, just in case someone visits but they still don't know:

Dear anyone, if you tried to register but you didn't get your activation email: please, try to log in anyway - we activated all accounts so you can just log in and be welcome :)

Grazie infinite, ottima idea!!!
Non avendo ancora ricevuto la mail di registrazione, grazie a questo annuncio son potuta entrare.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

5yioJ94B wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:37 am
duome wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:33 am

I added a "global" announcement visible to all guests, just in case someone visits but they still don't know:

Dear anyone, if you tried to register but you didn't get your activation email: please, try to log in anyway - we activated all accounts so you can just log in and be welcome :)

Grazie infinite, ottima idea!!!
Non avendo ancora ricevuto la mail di registrazione, grazie a questo annuncio son potuta entrare.

benvenuto!

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: Welcome to duome - Announcement banner

Post by Basler Biker »

Forum is moved to the left = fine !! (more visible on a smartphone)

Then, most pages on duome.eu, such as blog and progress, have the "announcement" banner visible, but not the main page. Is it on purpose? The space is there, not the text...

Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

duome

Post by duome »

Yea. Something. I wasn't sure about something.. )

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

It has been fixed now. OK!
Since many DL people sooner or later learn about, and switch to duome for the progress data and stats, they should now be very aware of the duome forum too. If so we should see some increase in the daily number of registrations.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: Welcome to duome forums - Welcome Tony

Post by Basler Biker »

[mention]Tony979198[/mention] is a new member with knowledge of many languages (that's actually an understatement) and wants to be member and serious contributor to this all new forum. So please welcome Tony!

Tony has a collection of good resources to share, so we're all looking forward to that!

Tony applied to be moderator as well. Still undecided for which of the so many forums...

duome

Post by duome »

Bienvenue )

murraystow
Spain

Post by murraystow »

Thanks for setting this forum up!

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

murraystow wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:27 pm

Thanks for setting this forum up!

Welcome! Search a bit around, and next thing could be to set your "language levels" signature ;-)
You'll find a how-to somewhere

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: Graphic - Registered users on Duome

Post by Basler Biker »

justheaven

Post by justheaven »

I'm glad the number of new users seems to be going up compared to previous weeks, maybe thanks to the forum banner being added on duome.eu home page? That was a great idea.
I'm also thinking there's probably a good amount of lurkers that don't feel the need to register (yet) since this forum can be read by everyone no matter registered or not.

N🇧🇬 A2:es: C1:us:
"That youngster's naturalness is impressive."Duolingo

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

[mention]justheaven[/mention]

I had no idea you could read it all , without registering.
Can you comment , too ? ..

Deleted User 114

Post by Deleted User 114 »

No, you can’t. You can view almost everything, but you can’t comment on anything. You can’t view people’s profiles, or send PMs. You might also not be able to do more things, but those are two that I know you cannot do.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Jacko079 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:11 am

No, you can’t. You can view almost everything, but you can’t comment on anything. You can’t view people’s profiles, or send PMs. You might also not be able to do more things, but those are two that I know you cannot do.

As you register, you'll get the PM "private message" feature only after 10 valid contributions to the forum, topics, posts, replies.
But you can, like you did, always "mention" someone (in public then) to get this person"s attention ;-)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: Graphic - Registered users on Duome

Post by Basler Biker »

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: Activity of registered users

Post by Basler Biker »

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

[mention]Jacko079[/mention]

@ jacko079 أنت تستحق زيادة كمدير مقابل كل مساعدتك! :)

Sue588388
United States of America

Post by Sue588388 »

[mention]Basler Biker[/mention]
Thank you for all of your informative updates and graphs!

FYI, lately I’m unable to view the entire graph on my iPhone, even when I tip my phone to vertical orientation. I did an iOS update recently, so that may be the cause.

Native 🇺🇸 Learning 🇪🇸 🇫🇷 🇺🇦
“When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.” —Buddha

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Sue588388 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:26 pm

@Basler Biker
Thank you for all of your informative updates and graphs!

FYI, lately I’m unable to view the entire graph on my iPhone, even when I tip my phone to vertical orientation. I did an iOS update recently, so that may be the cause.

Good that you told me. I couldn't either see it in full on my phone (but I am most on PC)
I am still experimenting with some graph parameters, which setting fits both phone and PC
So I now reduced the fixed graph sizes, and all should be fully visible now.
Some will auto-stretch/adapt to full screen-width when you rotate your device.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Sue588388 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:26 pm

@Basler Biker

Our "technician behind the screens" [mention]luo-ning[/mention] fixed it.
So now images - using the new parameters - will now stretch/shrink as you rotate the device,
and will never be wider than your device allows ;-)

PS: not all images have these extra parameters yet - we would have to set these manually - so we'll do that only on demand if some image doesn't fully show - just send us the link to the topic/post then.

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

[mention]duome[/mention]

Wow !
I didn’t realize you made this. You were very nice when I first joined here and tried helping me with something. :)

This is a lot of work you put into this forum for everyone.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Welcome [mention]aranaya[/mention] ! Grüezi.

What brings you here, and how did you find us? One of the things to do, if you wish, is setting up your signature, so we know more or less what your language expertise is.

Was bringt Ihnen hierher? Wenn Sie möchten, können Sie unter anderem Ihre Signatur einrichten, damit wir mehr oder weniger über Ihre Sprachkenntnisse Bescheid wissen.

ambe-127

Post by ambe-127 »

This is amazing! Thank you for creating duome and the forum!

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

welcome all users don't think this to fast hahahah

guitarluehe
Germany

Post by guitarluehe »

Hi everybody,
I am 73 years old and learning languages about 5 hours daily. The close down of the duolingo forum was a pity. So I am glad having found this marvelous forum.
Thanks a lot to the maker.
Best regards Hanjo

🇩🇪 native - 🇳🇱 🇪🇸 🇺🇸 🇫🇷 fluent - 🇮🇹 🇳🇴 advanced - and a bit of mostly forgotten Latin :D

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

guitarluehe wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:43 am

Hi everybody,
I am 73 years old and learning languages about 5 hours daily. The close down of the duolingo forum was a pity. So I am glad having found this marvelous forum.
Thanks a lot to the maker.
Best regards Hanjo

Welcome, ... you have a typo there...it's makerS...we're 20 in the moderators team, who, with so many more members of course "made" the initial contents of this forum (and it's still ongoing) so it's worth searching, finding, reading and learning. We have all been very busy to collect as much as possible "valuable" info from duolingo, and repost it here. Hoping it will start new and only constructive discussions.

Sue588388
United States of America

Post by Sue588388 »

[mention]guitarluehe[/mention]

Welcome guitarluehe!

I’m really amazed by your language proficiencies and learning schedule. Just wow! 8-)

Native 🇺🇸 Learning 🇪🇸 🇫🇷 🇺🇦
“When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.” —Buddha

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Basler Biker[/mention] We have some great programmers here, helping Duome make this site the best it can be!

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

doomists

Post by doomists »

thank yuo huys so much

don't worry avout me i am a anthoer idiot liberal

tenderspore
Spain

Post by tenderspore »

Thank you so much for creating this forum. I never realised how much I used the other forum until :D :D it wasn't there

Return to “Announcements by Duome”